Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new here....help!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 11:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 157 Total Views

Hello Everyone,

A little background about me.  I had my second Doc. appt on friday.  After the doc couldnt find the heartbeat, he sent me in to do an ultrasound.  He told me I had a blighted ovum and that the baby stopped developing 4-5 weeks ago.  The strange thing is I havent had any signs of miscarrying.  No spotting, bleeding, or cramping.  Shouldn't I have already had some of these signs?  I was just about 11 weeks on sat.  He told me I could schedule a d and c or just wait and let nature take it's course.  I am just very confused b/c I havent had any symptoms.  If anyone has some advice as to what I should do, it would be great.  Thanks for listening!

by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
CampersMama
by Member on Nov. 24, 2008 at 9:18 PM
I had my mc two weeks ago at 12 weeks 2 days!! I totally FELT pregnant and had all of the hormonal changes. I thought that I was way too far along to miscarry anyways. I was devastated at the news that there was no baby. They put this medication into my vagina that made me miscarry. They gave me the options of: The meds in the vagina, naturally go on my own, or DnC. I chose the meds instead of naturally bc I was going out of town two days later and didn't want to MC without my husband by my side. I didn't want to do surgery either. I am still having bleeding though and hoping that they don't have to do anything else. The only sign was that I had a little bit of bleeding the day that I went into the doctor and had the MC. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. Everyone is so sweet in this group and so supportive. I hope that I answered a little bit of your question. Let me know if I can help you with anything :)
tinkerbellam848
by Member on Nov. 25, 2008 at 1:02 AM

I had no signs either of pending m/c until I started bleeding it lasts 4 me 2 weeks before I stopped bleeding.  I had a feeling something was wrong cause I didnt have many preggo symptoms execpt being tried and alittle sore in the chest but knew every pregency was different. Sorry this has happened but we are all here for support.

avieux
by on Nov. 25, 2008 at 9:16 AM

I chose to have a D&C because I just wanted it to be over.  I was almost 11 weeks.  I felt pregnant the whole time and just didn't understand how or why this had happened.  Having the D&C took all the waiting and wondering when it would happen naturally out the picture.  I had heard of several ladies that let it happen naturally ended up in the ER because of excessive bleeding.  The best advice I can give it to weigh the options and decide what will make you feel at peace.  It's tough and I'm so sorry that you are going through this.  You are in my thoughts!

Abbey

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)