Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for those gotten pregnant after a blighted ovum

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 4:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 588 Total Views

For those who have had a blighten ovum and got pregnant again. How long did it take you to get pregnant again? I had my m/c in Oct and was told we could start trying again after i stoped bleeding from my m/c. Well we have been trying with out any luck.. With our son we only tired for a month and got pregnant and that the same way it was with the twins that i lost...  I was really hoping last friday we would of gotten our BFP but AF showed up. So i was wondering how long it took you to get pregnant again...

by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jemm
by Group Owner on Dec. 10, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Sorry, I haven't been pregnant since mine, I didn't want to have any more children so I have an IUD. But I know there are lots of others on here who have. Try looking through some of the past posts and find the ones where people mentioned they're pregnant again, then you can ask them directly. That might help!

My groups:
Anembryonic pregnancies - for those who had a pregnancy with no baby
Pierce County Mommies - For moms in the Pierce County WA area
Group I admin:
Deals & Steals - Great freebies and discounts
My Site:
BeautiControl
- We're looking for Holiday Spa Girls! Interested in a debt free holiday season? Let me know!

melloxyellow
by Member on Dec. 10, 2008 at 7:40 PM

I found out las tjune I had a blighted ovum. I was about 8 weeks pregnant, at first my fiance and i decided we would try again, the doctor said to wait one cycle and then try. However, after we thought about it, we decided to wait, i was getting ready to start school and it wasnt the right time to try again. However, this past July we decided to try again and goregnant on the fist try, I am now almost 22 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. So since i didnt try again right away i dont know, im not sure if i would have gotten pregnant on the first try, but thats how it was with this pregnancy and my first where i had a blighted ovum.

shananay22
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2008 at 7:53 PM

I had my D & C in the beginning of December last year, then we had to wait for my cycles to get back to normal but I got pregnant again on my second cycle of clomid at the beginning of April. Now it's two weeks til my due date! Hang in there!

lasombrs
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:03 PM

I m/c in oct 07 and waited til dec 07 to start again. Did not get pg until August 08 and m/c Sept 08 with another blighted ovum. Started again late Oct and still no BFP it seems to take a while for me. :( Good luck and i am sorry for your loss.

Sara (24) Scott(35) *Angels~ Mc 10/31/07 9 weeks, MC 09/05/08 7 weeks TTC baby #1 :(

tamiam1174
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 6:11 PM

I miscarried Jan 25th 2008.  I got pregnant again in April.  Keep taking your prenatal vitamins after your miscarriage especially if you are trying to get pregnant again.  Have faith.  You will get pregnant again.  Your body will tell you when you are ready.

Please join my group "Former Single Moms"

www.cafemom.com/group/tamiamsgroup

HopeMamma
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I miscarried on January 18th, 09 and I am still thinking of trying again. Maybe in April I am not sure yet. I really wanted to have my baby in July. Like my other ones. But maybe this one needs his/her own month. So I will update if we start trying again in April.

Mom2PnE
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:18 PM
It took 8 cycles, but the last cycle we said we were taking a break till Fall 09 or spring 10. GL to you!

Simone mom to 4 boys   Trent 14 on April 12, Ty 12 on July 28, Peyton and Eli 2 yrs 4/6 Baby angels 4/28/1992 @ 10w2d & 4/30/2008 @ 7w4d

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

ckrause
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I was due end of April beg of May and lost my baby at eight weeks over labor day last year.  Both my sons were born in May too.  It is going to be hard this Spring.  We are going to start trying sometime in April May but I find myself really sad tonight and crying over my lost baby.  I also think my hormones have something to do with it.  I feel a little crampy today and over emotional after watching a baby story this afternoon.  I'm probably going to ovulate in the next day or so.  I'm on day 12 i think.

Coleen (Illinois mom of 2 boys and one baby girl in heaven)http://www.cafemom.com/home/ckrause 

willowbluecrow
by on Apr. 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM

i had two in a row and each time i was told to wait three months before trying again the first time we found out that we had a b/o was in oct and i had a d&c done the day before halloween then i got preg again in jan only to find out that we yet again had another b/o but i desided to miscarry natually instead of the d&c i didnt miscarry till may, then got preg again in july my doc put me on hormons and now am 11 days away from my due date....good luck and keep trying

norahsmommy
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I got pregnant about 3 weeks after my miscarriage.  I did not even get a period first.  I had been watching my fertility returning and took an ovulation test just to make sure my suspisions were correct.    Hubby decided we should go ahead and go for it. He told me later he thought it would make me feel better to be pregnant again, and he wanted to help me. 

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)