Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Christmas Presents this year! :)

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:11 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
No Christmas Presents for the kiddos this year and here's why! Every year we save a 1000 for Christmas for the kids gifts, this ends up 500 each and includes presents from us, Santa Gift and stocking stuffers (part of the youngest money goes to his birthday as well).

However the hubby and I talked and we decided to let the kids decide. We told them how much we save for them for Christmas each year, knowing that they can either:
A. Get presents and stay home
Or
B. Give up presents and we take that money and book a Dreamtrip!

They made the choice and said they wanted a Dreamtrip! So we may do Hawaii or something else state side, since we don't have passports yet, ;)

So this year the kids get no presents (actually I plan to get them something to unwrap that can fit in a suitcase. Lol) and instead we will book a Dreamtrip for Christmas! Maybe Hawaii, maybe somewhere else. We haven't decided yet, but I know we are all excited!

I'm proud of them though, cause they will remember this Christmas over all the others!
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
2-point-doe
by on Sep. 28, 2015 at 4:14 PM

We are doing something similar, not a dream trip but a trip. We are spending Christmas at an indoor waterpark and hotel. I have assured DD that Santa will find us.

Next spring we are doing a 14 day panama cruise and the following December (2016) we are in the planning stages of going to Italy. 

Anoronlight
by Member on Sep. 28, 2015 at 6:17 PM

As luck would have it...there are not Dreamtrips this year to Hawaii. lol All the Dreamtrips are over seas this year for Christmas. We aren't ready to do an out of country trip yet, we still have some more work to do on the family first (my daughter is special needs, so we are working on that right now) and we need to get passports too. But we are going to take a trip, haven't decided where to yet. It's a shame we don't have our passports because there are some amazing cool trips this year. Besides that, Hubby has this ridiculous idea that we are going to go to Florida instead...um no. lol I have no desire to go home to Florida for the 18th time. I want to do something different!! I want to take the kids somewhere else! Especially since I will be there with them in January! :D

We plan to sit down this week and figure that out. Maybe if we decide to get our passports and can get them fairly quick we might do one of the over seas trips...that would be so fun! :D Either way...this will be an amazing Christmas to remember!!

Quoting 2-point-doe:

We are doing something similar, not a dream trip but a trip. We are spending Christmas at an indoor waterpark and hotel. I have assured DD that Santa will find us.

Next spring we are doing a 14 day panama cruise and the following December (2016) we are in the planning stages of going to Italy. 

2-point-doe
by on Sep. 29, 2015 at 2:44 PM

I sometimes think that we should spend more time travelling within the US and seeing our more historic places. We live in the Pacific Northwest so our local history is relatively new.

We are going to go to DC/NY for DD's 10th birthday.

DD (8) has had her passport since she was a few months old. We go to Mexico every couple of years and took her at 3 months. She is actually on her 2nd passport as a childs only lasts for 5 years.

Quoting Anoronlight:

As luck would have it...there are not Dreamtrips this year to Hawaii. lol All the Dreamtrips are over seas this year for Christmas. We aren't ready to do an out of country trip yet, we still have some more work to do on the family first (my daughter is special needs, so we are working on that right now) and we need to get passports too. But we are going to take a trip, haven't decided where to yet. It's a shame we don't have our passports because there are some amazing cool trips this year. Besides that, Hubby has this ridiculous idea that we are going to go to Florida instead...um no. lol I have no desire to go home to Florida for the 18th time. I want to do something different!! I want to take the kids somewhere else! Especially since I will be there with them in January! :DWe plan to sit down this week and figure that out. Maybe if we decide to get our passports and can get them fairly quick we might do one of the over seas trips...that would be so fun! :D Either way...this will be an amazing Christmas to remember!!

Quoting 2-point-doe:

Anoronlight
by Member on Sep. 29, 2015 at 7:46 PM
Traveling, I think, is the greatest gift we could ever give our kids. There is so much to learn both here stateside and out of the country, and so much good that we can do as well.

I never thought that I would have passports on my list of things to do for me and my family, mostly because we never went anywhere, way to expensive. But now that we found an amazing way to travel and to save money doing it, we can start taking trips. I've already done a few trips and I will say this much, I will never pay full price for a vacation again!

Quoting 2-point-doe:

I sometimes think that we should spend more time travelling within the US and seeing our more historic places. We live in the Pacific Northwest so our local history is relatively new.

We are going to go to DC/NY for DD's 10th birthday.

DD (8) has had her passport since she was a few months old. We go to Mexico every couple of years and took her at 3 months. She is actually on her 2nd passport as a childs only lasts for 5 years.

Quoting Anoronlight:

As luck would have it...there are not Dreamtrips this year to Hawaii. lol All the Dreamtrips are over seas this year for Christmas. We aren't ready to do an out of country trip yet, we still have some more work to do on the family first (my daughter is special needs, so we are working on that right now) and we need to get passports too. But we are going to take a trip, haven't decided where to yet. It's a shame we don't have our passports because there are some amazing cool trips this year. Besides that, Hubby has this ridiculous idea that we are going to go to Florida instead...um no. lol I have no desire to go home to Florida for the 18th time. I want to do something different!! I want to take the kids somewhere else! Especially since I will be there with them in January! :DWe plan to sit down this week and figure that out. Maybe if we decide to get our passports and can get them fairly quick we might do one of the over seas trips...that would be so fun! :D Either way...this will be an amazing Christmas to remember!!

Quoting 2-point-doe:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)