Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this is going to sound totally selfish

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 167 Total Views

but i just want for ONCE for my hubby to treat me like i'm a birth goddess while pregnant. i don't want to have to stand at the sink washing a shit ton of dishes, i don't want to be taking out the trash or doing laundry, or cleaning the house for the 50 millionth time in one day. i do everything around the house and he sits on his ass watching tv. he won't do the dishes no matter how many times i ask, he lets the laundry pile up until we have no clothes and it takes me 3 days to get it all done ( and i have to take it to the laundry mat since we don't have a washer/dryer, and he won't watch the kids or if he does i come home to them locked in their roon crying). if i try to tell him i'm 7.5 months pregnant he says " you can't keep pulling the 'pregnancy card'". i'm just sick of this. this is my 3rd pregnancy and i've yet to get flowers just because, or a foot massage, or a "hey, let me do that for you and YOU rest".

sigh i wonder why i married him. i'm tired of this. all he does is work and sit on his ass in class or on the couch watching TV. i asked him to read to the kids today and he had to rest after 2 books.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
fallnangel93
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM

im sorry

I feel ya. My husband does the same thing...well he doesn't lock the kids in their room, but I do everything around the house and for the kids...he plays xbox....and when I ask him to do something, like the other day I made a comment about having to take the trash out to the alley, in the snow and ice, 9 months pregnant, and I told him to be a man and do the "man" work for ONCE in his life...yeah, it sat there until I did it anyway. And don't even get me started on laundry...I don't think he has even been in the basement since we bought this house 2 1/2 years ago. And I love when I get the response "Well you are the one who wanted to have another baby" Ummm..hello, you weren't complaining when we were having sex every damn day trying to make this baby!

Sorry...didn't mean to make this into a vent for me too! I seriously think though that *some* men just don't get it...He thinks because this is my third pregnancy that I don't need the help anymore (He didn't act this way with the last two...didn't help all that much, but more so then now)

Hrivera5
by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM

All that you are asking is not "pulling the pregnancy card" in my opinion.  You deserve better than that :(

ksavedra
by on Dec. 13, 2010 at 2:00 PM

WOW!  You DO deserve better than that!  Have you told him this directly?  I can't beleive he would say that  to you, and I'm so sorry.  (((HUGS))) 

Eco_Momma
by on Dec. 13, 2010 at 10:35 PM

oh I've told him and he just tells me that it's my "job to do all that with out bitching b/c I'm a SAHM. He's just a jerk. I'd like to thin it's stress b/c finals are this week but he's been this way for Noah and Aya's pregnancies too.

lilmissrebel
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 11:01 AM

sorry mama, hope things will get better.  You are pregnant and its your every right to "pull the pregnancy card" but you shouldn't even have to...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)