Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Daily Check-In

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:49 PM
  • 973 Replies
6 moms liked this

Hi everyone,

This will be an open thread to come in and tell the group how you're doing each day. What is keeping you going today? What is bringing you down? Swap your daily updates and stay in touch with each other here!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lcat
by on May. 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Linda/lcat and what is keeping me going is my boyfriend is coming home from a vacation and I want the house to look supper clean.  I've worked hard for 12 days.  I've cleaned the bath from walls to ever thing you can clean.  Scrubb the walls in the hallway.  Scrubbed the kitchen and every applicance.  Did the floors.  Waxed my hardwood floors and polished the kitchen floors.  Every evening about 6, I'm dead.  My body thinks it is going to die.

But during the day, I work for a while and them come to the comp.  I'm now waiting for the wax to dry.  After this I will go and try and do some kind of work on the bedroom, for a short time.  Oh, I forgot...I did his carpets in his car.  This car was his work car and he works in the steel mills....so you can imagine how dirty the carpets were.  To my surprise, what the store said would work,,,did work.  The carpets with hard work came clean.  This is the last day I have.  He is coming home tomorrow.  So, wish me luck.

linda2-vi-6.gif dd new picture by lcat_1
Cafe Becky
by on May. 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Hi lcat, wow - that's amazing of you to do all of this for your boyfriend! Can't wait to read about his reaction. Good luck with your last day of preparation!

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Wow Linda...that's a lot of work!! lol 

Today I'm not up to much, and I'm feeling pretty good, but my anxiety is getting the better of me at times. I've been pretty worried about financial issues and all since our baby will be here in 6 months or less and my husband seems to be blowing it off...ugh! Hopefully things will start looking better soon and I can relax a bit haha. 

lcat
by on May. 30, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Hi All, Sat my BF came home and was teasing he was leaving in two days, so I could get more done.  He was very impressed about the house.

I was, too.  I was so tired by the time Sat. got here, a fly could of knocked me over.  All I did on Sat. morning was shop and finish folding towels, shower and wait for him.

The house was all ready, and my floors look wonderful.  I was ready for a break, so it is Sunday and I'm taking it easy, sort of.  I'm cleaning my room, some but no killing myself.

Hope all of you have a mine weekend and enjoy yourself's.

ChinaLinda.gif jess my picture by lcat_1
rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 1, 2010 at 9:45 AM

HI im Rhoda but allot of people call me rho.  So far so good today but I have been up only for 2 hours.  I'm going to go tanning sometime today I think after my daughter gets off work so she can go with me.  What is keeping me together is I am texting back in forth with my niece about her graduation on Thursday.

Have a great day

Rhoda

Xantho
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jazi1105:

Today I'm not up to much, and I'm feeling pretty good, but my anxiety is getting the better of me at times. I've been pretty worried about financial issues and all since our baby will be here in 6 months or less and my husband seems to be blowing it off...ugh! Hopefully things will start looking better soon and I can relax a bit haha. 

I totally understand about husbands blowing you off because you're worried about money!! Mine just did this! Our baby is due in 2 months!

leberly
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Hi, My name is Leberly. I suffer from Bipolar disorder and I am pregnant. I cant take my abilify while pregnant. Every day is a battle.

lovemyboys66
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I am Michele  43 yrs old ..... diagnoised with .... PTSD, Bi polar , depression, OCD, Anxiety ... along with being Diabetic , I have chroonic pain .... have had surgery on neck.. disk removed and hardware put in which has caused nerve damamge......

I am the mother of 3 grown boys....27, 23, 19 along with one more son who is in heaven above... he would be 22  this month......I have 2 grand daughters and one grandson ....

This month is a hard month for me .... I am still grieving my son after 18 yrs ....he was 4 yrs old when he passed ... it was a housefire...... I still have nightmares ....sometimes I see him in my dreams .... telling me everything is ok .... I know some people think I am weird but seriously ....i do dream !

I started my own depression group so that I could talk to other people who have some of the same feelings as I do ....I hope this group gets out even further to women who need help !!

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I don't think you're weird. I have dreams of my uncle a lot...he's always telling me that he's there for me. He died when I was 9...he was the only person that would protect me since my mom was a drunk and her boyfriend was abusive towards my sister and I. When he died, I took it very hard and felt so responsible for it for many many years. I too suffer from PTSD, Bi-polar disorder, depression, and anxiety, and I do have a few OCD tendencies. 

Quoting lovemyboys66:

I am Michele  43 yrs old ..... diagnoised with .... PTSD, Bi polar , depression, OCD, Anxiety ... along with being Diabetic , I have chroonic pain .... have had surgery on neck.. disk removed and hardware put in which has caused nerve damamge......

I am the mother of 3 grown boys....27, 23, 19 along with one more son who is in heaven above... he would be 22  this month......I have 2 grand daughters and one grandson ....

This month is a hard month for me .... I am still grieving my son after 18 yrs ....he was 4 yrs old when he passed ... it was a housefire...... I still have nightmares ....sometimes I see him in my dreams .... telling me everything is ok .... I know some people think I am weird but seriously ....i do dream !

I started my own depression group so that I could talk to other people who have some of the same feelings as I do ....I hope this group gets out even further to women who need help !!

due in december Pictures, Images and Photos

pregnancy
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Men! lol I've still got about 6 months to go, but I can't even afford my dr visits...I have state insurance, but my dr charges for urine tests($11) and then $40 for U/S's and he wants me to get one done every 3 weeks starting on the 17th.

Quoting Xantho:

Quoting jazi1105:

I totally understand about husbands blowing you off because you're worried about money!! Mine just did this! Our baby is due in 2 months!

due in december Pictures, Images and Photos

pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN