Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We hope that you will find a supportive and helpful community here at CafeMom. But sometimes the support of your peers is not enough, and you need to speak to a caring person who is trained to help.

If you feel really badly and need someone to talk to immediately, please use these resources right away:

1. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). This hotline is staffed by trained counselors and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

2. Visit The Suicide Prevention Lifeline website for helpful information, links, and crisis center locations.

3. Another website you may find helpful: Metanoia.

4. For information and help regarding self-harm and self-injury, please visit SAFE Alternatives.

Our Member Resources page can point you toward organizations to help you with specific needs.


We hope you find the help you need, and we're glad you're a part of CafeMom.

- The CafeMom Team

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:16 AM

a bunch of different national hotlines some for specific problems like elder help, self-injury, kids, substance abuse etc

National Crisis Hotlines:

Alcohol and Drug Helpline - Provides referrals to local facilities where adolescents and adults can seek help. Brief intervention. 1-800-821-4357

Child Abuse National Hotline, call 1-800-252-2873, 1-800-25ABUSE

Child Abuse: To report call 1-800-4-A-CHILD

Cocaine National Hotline 1-800-COCAINE

Children in immediate risk or danger 1-800-THE-LOST

Covenant House Nineline - Crisis line for youth, teens, and families. Locally based referrals throughout the United States. Help for youth and parents regarding drugs, abuse, homelessness, runaway children, and message relays. 1-800-999-9999

CyberTipline for reporting the exploitation of children. 1-800-843-5678

Domestic Violence Resource Hotline - referrals for shelters and
counseling in your area. 1-800-799-7233 1-800-787-3224 (TDD)

Elder Abuse Hotline 1-800-252-8966

Friends of Battered Women and Their Children, 1-800-603-HELP

Kid Help - Children and adolescents in crisis will receive immediate help. Referrals to shelters, mental health services, sexual abuse treatment, substance abuse, family counseling, residential care, adoption/foster care, etc. 1-800-543-7283

NAMI Helpline National Alliance for the Mentally Ill 1-800-950-NAMI

National Youth Crisis Hotline 1-800-448-4663

National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-25-ABUSE

National Mental Health Assn. Provides free information on specific disorders, referral directory to mental health providers, national directory of local mental health associations 1-800-969-6642 (M-F, 9-5 EST)

National Institute of Mental Health Information Line: Provides information and literature on mental illness by disorder-for
professionals and general public. 1-800-647-2642

Runaway Switchboard - National - Provides crisis intervention and travel assistance to runaways. Gives referrals to shelters nationwide. Also relays messages to, or sets up conference calls with, parents at the request of the child. Has access to AT&T-Language Line. hours. 1-800-621-4000

SAFE (Self-Abuse Finally Ends) 1-800-DONT-CUT, 1-800-366-8288

Youth Crisis Hotline: Crisis hotline and information & referral for runaways or youth in crisis 1-800-HIT-HOME, 1-800-448-4663

by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Quoting annaica:

 "10 All Natural Ways to Stop Feeling Depressed"-

Very Interesting!

by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 6:00 AM

I found daily strength. org. They are an online support group and they have lots of different categories.

by on Feb. 25, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Great info. Thanks for caring and posting! 

by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM

This is a support group with many locations (I think they are in every state, you can check by entering your zip-code)

If anyone close to you has passed away and you are suffering from grief, you should contact them.

by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I know how you feel on this one. I feel suicidal too but know that I would never do that to my kids.  But you still have that feeling.  Be careful when you talk about it because they will send the police.  If they ask if you have a plan, say no, only the thoughts.  I have called the suicide prevention line without a police visit.  They were really great. 

by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:17 PM


Need help in coping with the emotional strain of recovering from a disaster – call 1-877-SAMHSA7 (726-4727) to learn how you can get help.

by on May. 1, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Thank you, there have been days I have needed this number! 

by rho on May. 15, 2011 at 7:09 PM

American Association of Suicidology

5221 Wisconsonsin Ave. NW

Tel.  (202) 237-2280

web site:

by rho on May. 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM

American Psychiactric Assotation

1000 Wilson Blvd. Suite1825, Arlington,Va.  22209

Tel: 703--907-7300

This organization publishes: Pracctices Guidline for Treatment of patients with*Bipolar Depression Major Depression, Panic Disorder,

(Download from Web site)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)