Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

We hope that you will find a supportive and helpful community here at CafeMom. But sometimes the support of your peers is not enough, and you need to speak to a caring person who is trained to help.

If you feel really badly and need someone to talk to immediately, please use these resources right away:

1. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). This hotline is staffed by trained counselors and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

2. Visit The Suicide Prevention Lifeline website for helpful information, links, and crisis center locations.

3. Another website you may find helpful: Metanoia.

4. For information and help regarding self-harm and self-injury, please visit SAFE Alternatives.

Our Member Resources page can point you toward organizations to help you with specific needs.

We hope you find the help you need, and we're glad you're a part of CafeMom.

- The CafeMom Team

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
dancingthrulife
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:38 AM

yup it sux. i have had thoughts like yours for years. i never act on them i just get worn out and moody but i have three kids and i do not want them to be removed or with their dad mid school week or whatever. 

Quoting single_and_preg:

Quoting mouse1085:

I called a suicide prevention help line (i'm not sure which one), I really needed to talk to someone.  They sent the police over to my house. I understand they were trying to help but it really only hurt the situation.  The real reason I could never go through with it is because i love my family too much to put them through that.  It's not their fault I'm so depressed.  Anyway, I was wondering, if anyone knew a line I could call where I could just talk to someone, without too many strings attached.

Thanks Michele

I know what you mean....I am always careful about what i say to my therapist, even though i know id never kill myself, but if i mention  anything about it, i know she will call the police.

dancingthrulife
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:45 AM

yea you woiuld think they would have more training for these kind of needs.. its nuts...and needs to chnage!!!blank staretsk tsk 

Quoting beanielips:ya u would

Yes... but they don't have to call the police.  I am a teacher and I have had to do it many times for suicidal students (ironically, usually boys that I notice something is just "off").  I call the county mental health.  The police are not helpful... and usually leave the person feeling betrayed.  Where mental health know how to help and what to do next.

Quoting ReaderVictoria:

Quoting single_and_preg:

I know what you mean....I am always careful about what i say to my therapist, even though i know id never kill myself, but if i mention  anything about it, i know she will call the police.

FYI.... therapists, teachers, doctors, and a host of others are mandated reporters.  Meaning that they are required by law to report someone talking about suicide or homicide, and also child abuse and elder abuse.

annaica
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 8:03 PM

this group is very supportive, feel free to jump in the converstaions.  we're all here to help each other.  hugs

Quoting timbrikaylamom:

so my life is in ruins and I wanna post but I tried that in other groups and moms can be mean is this group different?

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 1:35 PM

BUMP!!!!!

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Bump Bump Bump

annaica
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Pregnancy and child loss:
http://www.heartstringssupport.org/
http://www.mend.org/support/home.asp
http://www.cjsids.org/grief-and-bereavement/if-youre-bereaved.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ienjel
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Quoting single_and_preg:

Quoting mouse1085:

I called a suicide prevention help line (i'm not sure which one), I really needed to talk to someone.  They sent the police over to my house. I understand they were trying to help but it really only hurt the situation.  The real reason I could never go through with it is because i love my family too much to put them through that.  It's not their fault I'm so depressed.  Anyway, I was wondering, if anyone knew a line I could call where I could just talk to someone, without too many strings attached.

Thanks Michele

cfrausto2012
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 11:33 PM

hi  michelle my name is codi i have been going through depression i am clinically bipolar if u need to talk message me

blowing kisses

harty-2007
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 12:11 AM

The beginning of the year didn't start out a new beginning like most do.  It actually took a really bad turn for the worse.  I received a dui the morning of new years and have emotionally been destroyed.  I kept saying i'm not this person this is not me.  I know I did wrong I will never make the same mistake again.  But something happened that night that has killed the person I was.  I can't get out of this funk.  Now that I have lost my license has only made things worse.  I feel like I can't give my son what he needs anymore.  He wants mommy to play and take him places.  But im so depressed I cant do any of that with him anymore.  I feel like I am trapped int his box inside of my head.  I can not go anywhere alone anymore and I am always having to ask for rides/help.  I'm worried my boyfriend is finally going to get tired of me being so down all the time and leave us.  I love him so much but I dont know how to help myself get out of this.  I just keep looking back on that night and the fact that i made such a huge mistake.  It has affected my life majorily and I don't know where to go from here.

annaica
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN