Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

We hope that you will find a supportive and helpful community here at CafeMom. But sometimes the support of your peers is not enough, and you need to speak to a caring person who is trained to help.

If you feel really badly and need someone to talk to immediately, please use these resources right away:

1. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). This hotline is staffed by trained counselors and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

2. Visit The Suicide Prevention Lifeline website for helpful information, links, and crisis center locations.

3. Another website you may find helpful: Metanoia.

4. For information and help regarding self-harm and self-injury, please visit SAFE Alternatives.

Our Member Resources page can point you toward organizations to help you with specific needs.

We hope you find the help you need, and we're glad you're a part of CafeMom.

- The CafeMom Team

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
Angellinda
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 3:37 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Hi ladies one min I'm fine tha next I'm crying an my husband don't understand what is wrong wit me
Audreesmommy757
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM

thanks!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Great info in this post for anyone who needs help.

KRIZZ25
i love my black men ,my rocker dudes but the only ones the love me back are babies ,old mean ..can we meet in the middle .
Yesterday at 5:20 PM
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM

i,m depressed and could use a frend ..i,m about to brake down ...i need a frend..all my other frends dont give shit ...no one gives a shit. i feel alone in this world ...:<..i just need a real frend..

youngmommy702
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM
So true that word is like a big " No" whteve u say dnt say tht evn here I think who is reading and who would call the police I am not crazy and dnt want to be treated that way I just need some help and I am being honest when u say wht been on ur mind. 😔
pezzino04
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Ever since ive had my daughter nd have been going through depression im constantly feeling like my and my daughter would be better off if i was no longer here...its hard to think about otherwise sometimes but i think to myself how bad it would hurt her and think about everything that i would lose...and how many people would truely care if i was gone...in the heat of the moment i am always convinced noone cares when deep down after ive calmed down i truely kno that there actually are people tht would give a shit about me...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Thanks for the info ;-)

angel71038
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM

My son is 42 and weights 650 pounds, he has been healing from stage 4 colon cancer surgery that was done in 2012. The wound reopened last week, very small for upsetting for him, as now he is afraid to move. He keeps telling me that he won't be here long so not to worry.

Its driving me nuts when he does that! I can't stand it anymore, I just want to slap him. He doesn't see that as cruel.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I think this should be a sticky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)