Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your mood today?

Posted by on May. 29, 2010 at 10:23 AM
  • 756 Replies
5 moms liked this

I thought this might be interesting...it's something I learned from group therapy...

Everyday, you pick an overall mood for how you're feeling(and be honest!) and a short explanation about why you feel that way. Then you rate your happiness, your anger/frustration, your anxiety and your sadness/depression on a scale of 1-10(1 being little to none, 10 being extreme).

For example:
Today, my overall mood is pensive, because I can't stop thinking about how my mom is doing, about financial issues, and I wonder how my sisters are doing.
My happiness is at a 7, my anger/frustration is at a 4, my anxiety is at a 6, and my sadness/depression is at a 4.

Let's see how far this can go!

~*~ Jazmine ~*~ Depression Support Center Group Mod ~*~

due in december Pictures, Images and Photos

pregnancy
by on May. 29, 2010 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine is actually the one I used in the example, but I'll post it again:

Today, my overall mood is pensive, because I can't stop thinking about how my mom is doing, about financial issues, and I wonder how my sisters are doing.
My happiness is at a 7, my anger/frustration is at a 4, my anxiety is at a 6, and my sadness/depression is at a 4.

Xantho
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 11:01 AM

My overall mood is nervous, because financial issues, the new baby, and having to deal with DH's ex wife in just a few short hours (Whole other post).

My happiness is at a 6 I'm super tired, anger/frustration is at an 8 because BM did some shady things, and yet my depression is at a 3...

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Today, my overall mood is overwhelmed, since my husband's boss decided he'd suspend my husband because he was supposedly ignoring his on-call for work when they called, but I was awake at the time, his phone never rang, and he doesn't have ANY voicemails or text messages, so now we're even more screwed financially than we were before. Plus, I have an U/S coming up in a little over 2 weeks and am missing the $40 to get it done. I need to figure out what we're going to do, and quick.
My happiness is at a 5, my anger/frustration is at an 8, my anxiety is at a 7 and my sadness/depression is at a 7.

Xantho
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 12:33 AM
*hugs* things will get better! Hang in there if you need to talk hit me up!

Quoting jazi1105:

Today, my overall mood is overwhelmed, since my husband's boss decided he'd suspend my husband because he was supposedly ignoring his on-call for work when they called, but I was awake at the time, his phone never rang, and he doesn't have ANY voicemails or text messages, so now we're even more screwed financially than we were before. Plus, I have an U/S coming up in a little over 2 weeks and am missing the $40 to get it done. I need to figure out what we're going to do, and quick.
My happiness is at a 5, my anger/frustration is at an 8, my anxiety is at a 7 and my sadness/depression is at a 7.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Thank you Xantho. I'm hoping that things will start looking up soon, but as of now, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM

My overall mood today is frustrated because I swear if it's not 1 thing, it's another.
My happiness is at a 4, my anger/frustration is at a 9, my anxiety is at a 7, and my sadness/depression is at a 8.

Xantho
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I'm complexed today...

My happiness is at an 8...weird because my anger and frustration is at an 8 also! (for different reasons) my anxiety is a 2 and depression is at a 7....I just don't feel like I'm worth anything today...but tomorrow is a new day with new challenges!

mommy2angel
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 10:08 PM

I love this idea for a post!!!

Today I feel... indifferent

Happiness: 8

Anger/frustration: 5

Anxiety: 3

Depression: 5

I have very little energy today and it makes me feel really bad. I have been slacking off so much around the house and DH has had to pick up my slack. I just have no motivation to do anything. I hate that. I'm pregnant but I know its not all because of that. I dont really no why to be honest.

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Today I'm feeling energized...I know I have a lot to do and I'm trying to pump myself up enough to get it done! lol

My happiness is at a 7, my anger/frustration is at a 5, my anxiety is at a 7 and my sadness/depression is at a 4. Not too bad! lol

Xantho
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I hope you continue to have a great day!

Quoting jazi1105:

Today I'm feeling energized...I know I have a lot to do and I'm trying to pump myself up enough to get it done! lol

My happiness is at a 7, my anger/frustration is at a 5, my anxiety is at a 7 and my sadness/depression is at a 4. Not too bad! lol

My happiness is at a 6

Anger/Frustration is 8...gonna be one of those moody days I can feel it

anxiety is 4

depression is a 4

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)