Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg I just can't shake this----

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM
  • 5 Replies

I just can't shake this I have been so depressed---I can't shake it, it is starting to cause other problems with sleep, sex, work, I have been having terrible headaches and memory lapeses. I have been struggling with depression now since I was a teen, (15 years old) and next week I will be 31. I have attempted suicide once, and I will try not to do that again... I am not suicidal now but I am so moody no one wants to be near me, not even me. I snap at people when I go anywhere so I stay home, I work from home, If I am not crying in the shower, I am bit**ing at someone, or sleeping, or forgetting where I put things, ugggg I feel like a mental hospital is not too far off,  I usually am able to shake off depression (or so to speak) in a week or two but this has been since November, ugggg

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lcat
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:27 AM

First, if your forgetting things, get a tablet and write thing down.  Even the small thing, then you will know where you put things.

Do you take meds?  If not, I think it is time to make a doctors apt.  If, your not crabbing your crying, then it is time.

Other thing, is you must get sound sleep.  If, your not getting at the least five hours of sound sleep, you need to speak to your doctor.  And fast.

Is your eating habit changed?  If so that is another thing that means you are headed for serious trouble.

All of these add up to a big problem.  You do need to be under doctor's care for this.  It is not just plain depression.  You need to tell the doctor everything and he will figure out what is best.

Hope you do take care of this. 

soccerjunki
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:49 AM

You know, there are a LOT of things that could be going on, that can set your depression off..like PMDD( Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder),..I KNOW I had it. OMY it was really bad right before I had my hysterectomy because my hormones were so out of whack!!! It can cause the headaches,...the bitchiness...the crying..the whole 9 yds. & make your depression seem to blame. It will most certainly make it worse at the very least.

Please know that you can come here for advice..and support, but make an appointment with your dr.,,there is help,,!!! I promise!

Surrender
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:30 AM

It sounds like you might be waiting for this to go away on its own. If so, I don't think that's such a good idea. I'd suggest you get a checkup and also talk with the doc about meds. You may not need them long term, but it will help you to start functioning and hopefully sleeping again.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Serenitymom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Geez.... I hope I dont get this way when i'm older >.<!

JSCC
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:55 AM

hey, I've been in a spot where I feel like I can't shake it ..... the thing is depression, as an illness, isn't something you can just "shake off."  It needs to be treated in one way or another.  I think there are lots of ways to "treat" it; some of them are things you can just do on your own (which is maybe how you got out of depression other times), some of it involves counseling, some of it involves medication ... talk to a professional for more help.  It's a hard thing to do, and it's work because they won't have a magic answer for you right away; but it's worth it ... anything that can help you get out of this is worth a shot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)