Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hobbies?? ......stress relievers...???

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM
  • 16 Replies

what do you all do as a stress reliever??

What are your hobbies???

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lcat
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Hi

One of my stress relievers is to get on CafeMom and help other ladies.

Also, doing my hobbies which are: scrap-booking, crotching, taking pictures, walking now that the weather permits, playing in the pool with my grandsons, watching good movies which are love stories, mysteries, and comedy, plus reading (since I own a book club). Another is talking to friends, on my cell phone...the ones who bring a smile on my face and I can share anything and they are always there for me.

bluegreenrose_lcat_WAS.gif picture by lcat_1
Xantho
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:56 PM

I sew, cake decorate, scrapbook, knit, play with my daughter, rearrange furniture...and now we're getting ready for the baby

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Some of my hobbies are stress relievers. I make handmade jewelry, I like to make random little arts & crafts things, and I write...whether it be letters, just noting things down or journaling. 

oorahwife2000
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I just recently started doing yoga and i absolutely love it!!! it's the best stress reliever ever and it loosens me up and relaxes all my  muscles - especially at nighttime it's wonderful - i would definatley reccomend it to anyone, it's great

JSCC
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:14 PM

when things aren't going well ... maybe I'll try going for a walk, calling a friend, spend some time online ... maybe watch a movie, or just write

Other hobbies I enjoy are reading and scrapbooking

soccerjunki
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Quoting oorahwife2000:

I just recently started doing yoga and i absolutely love it!!! it's the best stress reliever ever and it loosens me up and relaxes all my  muscles - especially at nighttime it's wonderful - i would definatley reccomend it to anyone, it's great

Are you using a certain book or DVD?? I would love to try it but everyone keeeps telling to "just go get one" but I don't want to waste my money! I want to get one that someone else likes..LOL..

soccerjunki
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I guess I could have answered my own post huh?? ROFL..

I draw , paint..do paper crafts..( of course those are to make money sometimes..HA! not nearly enough..lol) I love paper crafts!! Making cards is my fav..I don't scrap book though..I am trying to get on a Design team ..( I think it would be fun and help with my business as well)

I also LOVE to read! My husband and I are HUGE readers, and we kinda make it a priority with our kids too... I like to cook..but I like making new things, and experimenting,I am a really healthy eater( I know..I know..the whole Diet Coke addiction is not so great, BUT I do think they are now saying that dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you...????) I love to bake..bread..cakes...desserts.....I like to grill and make healthy food for my family...I love to write and do daily. I love my journal!!(s)...I love walking and try to do that daily , if I am physically able.

I love movie night with my kids, and date night my honey...I like playing games with my kids..and swimming. I LOVE to swim..

I like sewing and am looking forward to doing more of it when we move and I can get my "studio" set back up. I love making my clothes and stuff for the girls..

Xantho
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Quoting soccerjunki:

Quoting oorahwife2000:

Are you using a certain book or DVD?? I would love to try it but everyone keeeps telling to "just go get one" but I don't want to waste my money! I want to get one that someone else likes..LOL..

I love the Wii Fit Yoga...

mariC67
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:43 PM

I draw and I walk, sometimes i struggle with the urge to cut (no its not a hobby lol) depends on what the stressor is. I even have to be careful with my walks if I'm upset I can walk till my feet blister and I'm ready to collapse but now i take my dogs with me and i wont hurt them so it makes me shorten my walk.

oorahwife2000
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Quoting soccerjunki:

Quoting oorahwife2000:

Yes, i use a dvd i got at walmart and it's called Element, AM & PM Yoga for Beginners and i think it's great, i've gotten really into it - and it really does help calm my nerves and help me stretch my muscles out cause i get really tense - i would definatley reccomend it and i believe it was only like 10$ at walmart

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)