Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After a fight/argument, where are you at mentally?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

When you have a fight or argument with your SO/DH or other loved one, where are you at mentally? Are you sad, angry, or a mixture of everything?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Last night, DH and I got into a huge fight, and I was so depressed and angry. I began having almost suicidal thoughts because I didn't want to deal with all the crap anymore. I feel like I'm stuck and I have nowhere to go, and the baby is the only thing holding me together. It was just then that I felt like that though. I'm fine today, and I've been realizing that it only happens when we fight.

lostmom138
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Most of the time I am angry. Then I end up having an anxiety attack which causes my BP to go sky high. 

Xantho
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:40 PM

mixed emotions..usually I just cry...a lot...then end up saying sorry because I hit him, or said very hurtful words...

soccerjunki
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I usually cry and get really Anxious..Arguing and confrontation sets off my anxiety quicker than anything..

Serenitymom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:06 PM

I feel the same way... when me and my SO fight, I just want to get rid of the depression. Sometimes it goes as extreme as wanting to kill myself, but when I think about that, my girls flash though my mind.

Surrender
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Earlier in our marriage, my husband and I fought more often and they were pretty nasty at times. Back then, I used to get really riled, full of anxiety and felt very insecure.

We rarely fight now and if we do, we both let it roll off our shoulders. Even if we had been really heated, it seems that most often the next sentence out of one of our mouths is something like,
"So, what should we have for dinner?" LOL

phillipsmommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Quoting soccerjunki:

I usually cry and get really Anxious..Arguing and confrontation sets off my anxiety quicker than anything..

yep, this is me in a nutshell :)

imdana1122
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I usually walk away crying.  Then later, after some time passes he will come in & we'll talk more rationally.  It takes a while for the depression to get under control though.

JSCC
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:53 PM

no matter what the argument is, I blame myself for it ... really get down on myself

I have self-esteem problems as you may have guessed

AndieeM
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I think for me anxiety sets in, and I just feel like I did wrong.  I know that I did not, but then again sometimes the words in my head are stronger then normal!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)