• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make a list..

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:27 PM
  • 3 Replies

Make a list of all the things you're grateful for, and the things that make you happy...Now read it over.

Does it make you feel any better? 

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JSCC
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I do this sometimes ... it can be hard to do when you're really down though,  when things hurt so much that it's hard to feel grateful for anything ... but it's always good to give it a try, and yeah, sometimes it helps

Things I'm grateful for (in no particular order):

my home

my computer

ice cream

family and friends

pens and paper

laughter

compliments

music

libraries

it's good to write them down, then you can always return to the list when you feel the need to ... and keep adding to the list too

Surrender
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM

I have a gratitude journal I write in. It definitely makes me feel better.

stressed1172
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:28 PM

1. Jesus Christ 2. Salvation 3. the knowledge of salvation 4 the little bit of freedom we still have here in America 5. clean, hot running water 6. indoor plumbing 7. telephones even cell phones 8. family 9. my daughter, 10. my husband 11. my animals 12. christian friends 13. that my husband has a descent job 14 a descent vehicle to drive and be able to get places that I need to go and like to go. church. a church that has a bus ministry and picks up so I can get there each week people that help keep me healthy mentally like my case manage, my therapists, my doctors, the Aurora Club, Double Trouble, my AA sponsor, my other friends in AA that I talk to. Those are just a few. There are so many many more. Many things we take for granted each and every day. I am grateful that I know who my daugthers father is and that he's not in prison and he doesn't do drugs or sexually or physically abuse me or my daughter and he doesn't stay out late drinking and come home drunk he doesn't gamble all our money away or go to strip joints or cheat on me with other women and has NEVER had an affair. He loves me and my daughter very much and tries hard to provide for our needs and many of our wants too. He is a good hard worker and loves us very much. These are just a few things we take for granted every day and my  daughter is way too young to be able to appreciate these things but maybe someday she will realize how truly blessed she is. This does make me feel tons better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)