Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you crafty?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

Are you a crafty mom? Do you make things? Let's see some pictures of things you've made!! 

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:52 PM

I don't have any pictures on my computer, since I had them on my last one and that died and took all the pics with it...but I have them on my site if you wanna look at them there...I make handmade hemp jewelry and accessories...here's the site:

www.bonanzle.com/booths/terrahempcreations  

LadyTay
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:55 PM
I am crafty sometime.....Don't have any pictures though sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trilliana
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I can cross stitch but I have no pictures of anything since I've never finished the blankets I've started due to stains (slight OCD about stains, don't really know why though)

But I crochet blankets for both of my kids. i had a really big one too, but it got lost in a move or something :( very sad when i found out it was missing, loved that thing!

That's DD's blanket 

sorry it's big, but that's DS's blanket. Same stitching pattern, but different yarn.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Debbie062008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Not crafty at all and super jealous of those that are!

Xantho
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I'm very crafty...

My baby's name means dragon with little fire...so this is the quilt I made him...

A cute little dress I made...

I've made her many other dresses and I also have a hair bow boutique...http://www.etsy.com/shop/doodlebugdesign10

MissExtremist
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:25 PM

My main artistic training was in fashion design & painting but i ended up in part decor LOL

MY PARTY DECOR WEBSITE

Id be a Hell of a lot less depressed if my business was doing as good as it was a few years ago!   I feel like such a loser that i cant get a single client anymore meanwhile i used to get too many : /

soccerjunki
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:38 AM

That is very pretty!!!!

Quoting MissExtremist:

My main artistic training was in fashion design & painting but i ended up in part decor LOL

MY PARTY DECOR WEBSITE

Id be a Hell of a lot less depressed if my business was doing as good as it was a few years ago!   I feel like such a loser that i cant get a single client anymore meanwhile i used to get too many : /

ToxicIrishLove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:40 AM
Xantho
What's your baby's name?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soccerjunki
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:44 AM

yes..I am crafty. I have an Art degree, and was in the process of going for theatre and set design..but ended up stopping in my 2nd semester because of my oldest being born..HAHA..never did get to back as of yet, but that is ok..

I draw, paint..LOVE pottery, photography, writing..you name it.

craft wise I Lovemaking cards( for some reason I don't scrapbookok??) andI like to make jewelry..my own books, altered items., I LOVE to sew..cook, bake..make candles, soap..you name it and I like it. I live to get something old at a yard sale and re-do it and make it useful in my home again..

I do murals and custom commission pieces when I can. like portraits..and such, and then do custom wedding invitations, stationery, business cards..etc..The largest wedding I did was for 350 guests, and that included the basic invite, RSVP card, return envies..and then the thank you cards..plus the place cards and the wedding program..HAHAAH what fun..!! I loved it!1

LadybugNana
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:21 AM

Yeah, crafty is a good word for it.  I am all about quilting at this point in my life. But I have done embrodery(sp?*), crochet, knitting, clothing construction, gardening, scrapbooking reading, music(piano and flute), and I think that is all. oops- one stroke painting.

Since I was diagnosed with the chronic major depression I have been unable to work outside the home.  I used the quilting to keep my sanity in line, at least a little bit.  Here are a couple that I have made:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)