Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you exercise does or don't it help

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM
rho
  • 78 Replies

I do Taoboa as my exercise of choose for 2 reasons it helps with my stress when I get very stressed out and then also to loose some weight.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JSCC
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM

some ... I've been trying to walk everyday; getting out in the fresh air and sunlight helps some.

I also hope to begin swimming again; I used to do that a couple times a week ... getting out and getting in the water is good

pinklady77
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:58 PM

DH set up a mini gym in garage. It's the first thing I do in the morning now that my fibo is better. It makes a big difference in the day. I'm a happier person when I do it.

pinklady77

Surrender
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I have worked out faithfully 3-5 times a week for about 2.5 months. I did feel more energetic in the long run, but it did also exhaust me right after working out.

I have since been a little lazy and work out on a few times a week and not as intense. I do feel a difference physically and emotionally in a negative way. I guess I should get back in the gym!

trilliana
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM

The days i get a good workout in, without DS buggin me, I feel good. If DS is running between my legs during my workout, since I dance, I feel cruddier :/

sweetdawn9505
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:20 AM

My sis-in-law and I have been walkin now for several week, we try to go each nite. We are walking quite a distance now, and I find it great for several reasons. My sis and I get to get out of the house, having time to the two of us. We are getting in much needed shape. Its a great time to talk and relax together. We have always bee able to confide in each other, and this gives us a reason to spend some much needed time together each and everyday.

emarin77
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I walk and use hand weights.  It is part of my normal routine.  Yeah, it is a stress releaser.

Manth
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:00 AM

I used to exercise religiously 6 days a week.  It never helped me to lose weight (nothing does that) but I was a fit fat lady and my diabetes and asthma were under much better control.

Then depression took over my life and I discovered to my horror that I was no longer able to exercise.  Even a moderate workout put me into a deeper depressive spiral for up to 5 days per session.  My psychiatrist tells me it's a rare reaction but not an unknown one - she has had 3 other patients with a similar response to exercise.

I try to get out for a walk at least 2 or 3 times a week.  I find that if I can 'walk to something' it doesn't seem to send me into that spiral that walking aimlessly does.  So I walk to the library, exchange my books and walk home again (about 20 minutes walking each way).  Or I walk to the shops to get something fresh for dinner (about 20 minutes again - the shops are next door to the library).  Or I walk to the school where I volunteer once a week (about 25 minutes each way). 

stressed1172
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I exercise 10 min/day with leg weights on that are pretty heavy so it actually feels more like 20 min by the time I'm finally done but I do it to help me lose weight. I started out slow. Only 5 min no leg weights then built up on things gradually. This way I won't get too sore and become discouraged and not feel like exercising for a while. Sometimes I teneded in the past to overdo the exercising and then I'd get so sore I couldn't move for a long time and had to stop exercising eand this defeated the whole purpose and made me feel discouraged easy so I figured if I jsut started out slowly and then gradually built up from there that wouldn't happen and I'd still get the benefits of exercise. I also have those Tabo tapes and I have Richard Simons Sweatin' to the Olides 1 and 2 and I'm not sure about 3 but I also have some Tony Little but they are hard cause I can't get down on the floor anymore cause otherwise it's very hard for me to be able to get back up again. I also have very bad knees and back so I don't get down on the floor much anymore but the bike is good and I walk when I need to too. Plus, I'm always busy around the house here so that keeps me active running up and down the steps several times a day to go potty.

casah4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I take fitness kickboxing at least 3 times a week and it really helps. It feels so great to punch and kick things in a healthy way. The stress just melts away. I love it!

Xantho
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I use my wii fit!  I love to hula hoop and skateboard! makes me feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)