• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DONT KNOW HOW TO FEEL

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

iM VERY DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO FEEL .

About 4 yrs age I moved 500 miles from home. My husaband was raised in the country & I in the city, He was miserable the 1st 26 yrs of our marriage because he hated the city. He found a good job here and we moved. I left a great paying job and my family. He dis owned his so this was nothing for him. My daughter joined us after she gtraduated HS and shes currently in college here and will be transfering to a university in Jan. Most of the time I feel I stay here because of her, I love my husband but hes emotionally unavailble to me since day one cuz he cant  seem to get passed his own drama. We are on a different page sexually and I feel alone most of the time. Because of the economy I cant get back home much .

I have to go see a surgeon on Thursday because I ve been having stomach problems. It sounds like it could be stomach cancer. With all the stress i ve been under I wouldnt be suprised,I know Im counting my chickens before they hatch but since ive moved here Ive had so many medical problems.

I think about going back home but to where? My mom doesnt need my drama there . My husband refuses to go and theres no jobs for him there anyways.I could get my job back, my boss told me hed hire me back if it didnt work out here. I dont know what to do.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
annaica
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:12 AM

I'm sorry you're feeling so down lately.  I imagine all this extra stress is definitely not good for stomach issues...

From what I picked up from what you said is that you really feel like you're stuck.  You feel that the only way out of all your depression would be moving back to your hometown.  How long have you been feeling this way?  Does your hubby know the way you feel?  What has he said about it? 

polishpride
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Yes in a way he gets mad & says if you go home its over. like I said no emotional support. This relationship has mainly been about him, he also just had spinal surgery too so I would feel bad about leaving for a couple weeks which I was told not to come back either.

Serenitymom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:18 AM

You dont feel confident of being happy on your own? He sounds like he's toxic for your relationship and he doesnt want to make things work... like in a middle ground. Lean alittle his way, and he should lean a little your way. Try to see if there is some kind of compromise. If he's to stubborn, then maybe try to alteast get into counciling for you... you sound like you really need someone to talk to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)