• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nothing changes

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have been married for exactly a month.  I lived with my husband a year before marrying.  He was mostly a very upbeat person.

I am now seeing these mood swings with him, he wont' talk and tell me what's wrong, usually says nothing.

He seems irriated at me a lot and I am NOT going to go through this crap again with another husband,  Why do people change?  I have no doubt that my physical problems are putting strain on us as well as financial but we had them from the beginning so not sure if that's it or not.

He completely ruined our saturday night out for our anniversary lastnight, disagreeing with everything I said and then complaining about the cost of dinner,  When we got home, he went in and sat on couch to watch tv, never happens.  I turned  my muic on and went outside and sat by myself for about an hour.  Came in and he was in bed, never said a word.  He left for work this morning and has written me 3 texts saying he loves me and to have a good day.  He does this all the time, he thinks all will just be forgotten.  Not this time.  As of now, I have not answered him

I have enough going on in my life with my emotional and physical issues

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Try asking his what his problem is. Guys get pms almost as bad as we do sometimes, and maybe he had something on his mind that was bugging him...try to get it out of him, and maybe work it out. Tell him how you feel too...you can't get anywhere if you don't talk it out! Wishing you the best! 

JSCC
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:56 PM

ever read "Men are from Mars; Women are from Venus?"

sorry, I don't really have any advice to offer.  hope things get better

Xantho
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Usually I write notes.  Especially if he doesn't want to talk to me about it.  I let him know that I don't appreciate the way he is acting and that he needs to let me know if something is going on because how else is the marriage supposed to work if we don't communicate.

Good Luck! Keep us updated!

Surrender
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I'd certainly have a discussion with him to find out what the problem is. Couples need communication to understand each other...it shouldn't be a guessing game.

I hope you can smooth things over soon so you can relax and concentrate on your own problems that need to be dealt with.

annaica
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Quoting jazi1105:

Guys get pms almost as bad as we do

AMEN to that! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)