• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Caught him looking

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

As if my self esteem could get any lower.  We were driving through the grocery store parking lot this weekend and I looked over at my DH who was double taking a really pretty 17yr old brunette!  I purposely called him out on it & said "Yes, she is very pretty!"  He tried to cover it up with the excuse that "I though she looked like Jamie Lynn Spears".  Ummm, last I checked she was a blond?  I know men look and this isn't the first time I've caught him, but I guess this is just bothering me because I'm 38, overweight and PG with our 3rd child.  On top of that DH just got a vasectomy 2 weeks ago so I keep feeling like he could 'make his move' anytime now & not get caught.  Is this just insecure PG homones?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:42 AM

It could be...pregnancy hormones bring on those lovely insecurities. Don't worry about it hun...he's just a normal guy...a guy could be married to a hot supermodel and still look at other girls! lol Cheer up hun and remember that you're beautiful no matter what! 

soccerjunki
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Hon..all men look. Period. if they are breathing..they look. I have been known to point them out to my hubby just as he has been known to point out other men to me..eh hem..but we are also not worried about the other cheating either. I think your hubby was just stealing a glance at a younger woman that he knows his old married stb with 3 kids self is NOT gonna get. !!!! 

Relax..next time turn the tables and point one out for him..they are like kids..if they don't think it is their idea...or they are sneaking around...then that is half the fun gone..

after you have this baby , since it will be your last..then slim down and become the woman that other men look at..HAHAHA..that drives my husband NUTS!!!! for another man to flirt with me..like a waiter or whomever..LOL..trust me. you are just having hormone problems right now...and given time and some TLC for YOU..you can be the head turner...anyway, you are the woman he chose to marry..not just give a sideways glance out the car window as he is driving by..REMEMBER that!!!! 

trilliana
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM

my mom used to say "it's when they STOP looking that you should worry" I agree with that completely

getoveritmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:57 PM
My husband was the same way when I was pregnant, he actually didn't like pregnant women, some n some don't. He never cheated n I made sure my wait came off because that wasn't who he married n I didn't want to put my health ask risk. I alway just asked my husband not to do it around me because it made me feel bad n he stopped. Don't worry just pop out that kid an get back to normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToxicIrishLove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:00 PM
My MIL says "men look,hell you FIL does but I don't worry because I know who he's coming home with". Which I agree with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soccerjunki
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Quoting trilliana:

my mom used to say "it's when they STOP looking that you should worry" I agree with that completely

HAHAAH..LOL..I have heard that , and forgot it..

I think it is human nature to "gaze around"..I do it..i just don't get caught HAHAAHAH

Xantho
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:17 PM

It doesn't bother me if DH looks because I know I'm the one he'll be going home with. 

annaica
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Sorry you're dealing with the insecurities... UGH!  I know how you feel... I am sure your husband is completely in love with you and only you.  We all are attracted to things that are beautiful and like most of the other girls said, I wouldn't be too worried.  I hope you can see how magnificent you are, carrying a child is a miracle and although our emotions are out of control at times, we are still beautiful.  Every woman is beautiful;-)

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)