Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another "incident" :\

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM
  • 4 Replies

Yesterday was my friend's wedding and I mentioned that there would not be alcohol at the reception and he freaked out on me. He never heard of no alcohol at a reception and he was outraged that someone would be so rude as to not want their guests to enjoy themselves. I told him everyone is different, and not everyone parties hard or at receptions, though every wedding we've been to, that's how it ends up. :) I was bothered by his reaction to this... he COULD NOT let it go. He really made my day miserable yesterday. I told him my friend (the bride) said it was OK if we brought a couple bottles of wine or something, she just didn't want us wheelin' in a cooler like a big hoosier. She didn't want alcohol at the reception because she didn't want a bunch of sloshed drunks at her reception. I understood that. So, we sat with some friends who brought some vodka and DH brought some V.O. and they mixed it in with their punch. Turns out, my friend the bride, ended up being the drunkest one there. She kind of embarassed herself by licking "a little too much" on her hubby's hands when they fed eachother cake. :P (ewww.) My hubby and I were a little annoyed by that - she doesn't want people being drunk asses at her wedding but then she ends up being the big drunk herself. Anyway, he crabbed about the fact that there'd be no alcohol FOREVER - all morning and all  the way to the wedding. I told him please drop it, you're ruining my day, not to mention stressing me out and I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Finally he shut his trap and we ended up enjoying ourselves for the most part.
This morning I was a mess though... all I can think about lately is how I can deal with 2 babies by myself (as far as the child rearing- because DH pretty much only plays with DD), and deal with him and his insanity at the same time. I desperately need to talk with him and I think he senses it, he said "I'm gonna call my dad to come watch her today for a little while... we need some time to ourselves". He walked out of the room and I fell apart. There's so much to talk about... I desperately need to but when we have the chance I'm not sure where to even begin. :P
Every time I say this I feel I have to back it up with "really - he's not a bad hubby - he's amazing... it's his anxiety problems that cause a lot of trouble in our relationship". 

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
emarin77
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:45 PM

He needs to go to therapy hon so he can learn to control his feelings when things are not his way.

Surrender
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM

It sounds like he may need meds and/or therapy. Getting so mad at something out of his control is very anxiety provoking for himself and for you.

Maybe therapy would  also help you to deal with him.

Congrats on the pregnancy!

MissExtremist
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:59 PM

At least it seems he knows that something is up and trying to get undisturbed time together so you can talk ....or at least hopefully

Xantho
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I say just start spouting things off even if it doesn't make sense to him...I do this all the time lol It usually works!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)