Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tuesday can't come fast enough.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:42 PM
  • 14 Replies

I can't take this depression..and I hate the anxiety. I finally have an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday. I hate the way that I feel. I hate that I don't sleep. I hate that I can hardly tolerate being around anyone. Tuesday needs to get here!

((*Steph-stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annaica
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:10 PM

It's good to hear you've got plans to talk with a physician!  But just to let you know, antidepressants can take several weeks to begin working.

What have you tried to help you sleep? What have you been feeling like?

s.t.e.p.h
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:20 PM

I haven't really tried anything to help me sleep. I usually come down from my room to get a drink...and try going back to bed. Then I just lay in bed tossing and turning.

I just feel miserable. Very sad and I cry a lot. I feel helpless a lot of days too.

Quoting annaica:

It's good to hear you've got plans to talk with a physician!  But just to let you know, antidepressants can take several weeks to begin working.

Aydans_Mommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:21 PM
Good luck Steph
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
s.t.e.p.h
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Thank you.

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Good luck Steph

annaica
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Quoting s.t.e.p.h:

I haven't really tried anything to help me sleep. I usually come down from my room to get a drink...and try going back to bed. Then I just lay in bed tossing and turning.

I just feel miserable. Very sad and I cry a lot. I feel helpless a lot of days too.

Quoting annaica:

I know taking a bath or even a shower at night helps me relax.  So does the smell of lavendar... Some people heat milk up, some read books...

I also know when you don't get enough sleep, everything becomes alot more agitating...  I hope you can find a way to get better quality of sleep!  Maybe that will help with other stuff:) Hugs!

creneep83
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Did u just have a baby? Are u stress about something? Good thing you're going to the dr. Oh maybe ask dr to check ur thyroid too.... thyroid does affect your depression, panic, sleepless and stuff like that... look it up thyroid problems, they'll list it

Angellinda
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Good luck in your healing and wellness!!

s.t.e.p.h
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:42 PM

No..no baby. My baby is almost 2 1/2. I'm dealing with my husband having bipolar and it getting worse...it's a lot to deal with.

Quoting creneep83:

Did u just have a baby? Are u stress about something? Good thing you're going to the dr. Oh maybe ask dr to check ur thyroid too.... thyroid does affect your depression, panic, sleepless and stuff like that... look it up thyroid problems, they'll list it

Xantho
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:20 PM

YAY... you only have 2 more days...hang in there till then hun!

Surrender
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:54 PM

So sorry you feel so awful. I remember times like that all too well. I would suggest trying some things to help you sleep. Sleepytime tea by Celestial Seasonings works pretty well, warm baths, massages, meditation tapes and reading before bed may help to relax you. When you can't sleep, get out of bed and maybe turn on the t.v. or read to get sleepy again.

Only a few days left and your appointment will be here. I'm sure your doc will suggest and anti-depressant or a tranquilizer for those tough times.

I hope you feel better soon and get the much needed sleep you need. It sure does sound like classic depression that you are going through.

I'll keep you and your husband in my thoughts/prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)