Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:47 AM
  • 10 Replies

i can barely even type this but i feel so depressed, i dont even think depressed is the word. my whole life is about to come crashing down on me and i dont know how to stop it. i cant stop shaking and throwing up and i have a 10 month old to take of. no one can help me. i need help

~*~*~*Jenn~*~*~*

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serenitymom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:50 AM

OMG! whats going on? oh wait, it'll probably be hard for you to type... It'll be ok one day right? Call the sucide hotline.... I'm sure that they would be better support for you expecually more so than me...

pinklady77
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I agree call for help or get to the hospital. Try taking in some deep slow breath while you wait for help.

trilliana
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Take a few deep breaths, try to calm your mind. Take a bath with your little one and just focus on the little world that you're in with your LO, the bathtub. Anything outside of it doesn't exist while you're there. Call a friend, your mom, siblings, someone whom will take your LO for a day to let you give you a break. You -are- strong, you -can- make it through. Human beings  persevere by nature. If our ancestors can make it here, you can too! Take a piece of paper, write down the negative things that are bringing you down and BURN IT! Put it on a glass plate, take it outside and just burn it. Sure, it's metaphorical, but it helps!

Stay strong momma, you can do this.

Xantho
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:00 AM
hang in there and let us know if the relaxation techniques trill mentioned worked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenneliz
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:05 PM

i'm going to try right now all i've done all day is sit in a chair and watch my son play on the floor, only moving when he needs something. i cant get out of my head i feel so sick and sad.

~*~*~*Jenn~*~*~*

Jenneliz
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM

thank you to everyone who responded

Surrender
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Jenneliz,

Do you have a trusted neighbor or friend you can call? Is there no one? If not, please call your doctor to get some help. We're concerned for you. Or, better yet, call or go to the hospital for solutions on what you can do for yourself and baby.

Please post often today and let us know how you are.

Feel free to contact me by PM anytime today. I have known that despair all too well in the past.

Jenneliz
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM

this sounds so bad to say. but i am afraid to let everyone know that i'm upset (if thats even a good word), especially my parents, because they will in turn get even more upset than  i am and i'll end up having to pick up the pieces for them. they think i've been doing so much better with my depression and i have been, but two major things happened today and i feel at the moment like i cant take anymore. i would never hurt myself, because i have my son who means the world to me, and yes thats the only reason. i've worked so hard to convince everyone i'm doing better than to ask for help right now would be a failure to me. i hate how that even sounds.....

but i did call my mom and ask her if she could watch the baby for a little bit after she gets out of work. i told her i have a really bad stomach ache and really need to lay down. its the cowardly way out i know.

i did try the suggestion with writing my problems on the paper and burning it, which was awesome. i think that will actually be a new daily ritual for me. thank you!!!!

i know this will pass but i just cant see the light at the end of the tunnel right now

~*~*~*Jenn~*~*~*

Surrender
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Jeneliz,

For now, it's no big deal that you told your mother a white lie. As long as you are getting your needed time for yourself, that is really all that matters for now.

I find that many of us expect too much perfection of ourselves which is why we have a problem asking for help. I'm glad you did.

emarin77
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I want the best for you:

Hon, lying is not going to solve your problems.  Being up front and having the confidence to tell what is wrong shows other people you care about your health and who you are as a person.  No one is perfect, everyone and anyone needs help certain times of their life.  I would also suggest you share what you write down (your problems for example) with your husband.  It is another way to communicate with him so he can understand what you are feeling.  Think of your depression as a challenge for you and how are you going to manage it.  You need to think out of the box to solve your problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)