Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to talk

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:43 PM
  • 25 Replies

We have been taking care of DH oldest brother for the past 8 years or so. He never married and lives on family farm. He has heart trouble and get's infection in his legs. This winter he was so sick he was in hosptial for a week and in rehab center for leg wounds for 5 weeks. Well to day we went to check on him because I saw the signs of leg trouble and I was right. He has a wound about the size of a baseball on his leg. He has to see a doctor tomorrow. Friends I am so not looking forward to this appointment. I'm dreading it. Guess I'm assuming he will need simluar care as last time. All the stress of arranging appointments and getting him there. It takes a toll on me. Afraid I will shut down mentally again. I also have to say I want PEANUT MM"s about now ( about the medium size bags sound about right). I want to eat this so I can numb my stressful feelings. But being that I don't want to overeat over this, MM"s are not a option.

pinklady77

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-xoxo-
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I'm so sorry :( Every time I know that I have to be somewhere at a certain time, I get anxiety really bad, so I feel your pain. I feel a little better when I write everything I'm supposed to do down and go through the steps of making sure I'm ready (setting my alarm clock, checking the dates, making doctor appts over the phone at once, in 1 sitting etc).

moms.go.green22
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:58 PM

sounds horrible. just stick to his side. he needs you more then anything! just remember to pray!

pinklady77
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Thanks for your reply. It reminded me that I to love to work with a list. It's worked the last time It will work this time as well. It's just that last time there were so many people that needed to see him I didn't know if we are coming or going. Okay! Will remember to breath. Sometimes I hate that med's don't allow me to cry because I sure feel like I could.

pinklady77

pinklady77
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Quoting moms.go.green22:

sounds horrible. just stick to his side. he needs you more then anything! just remember to pray!

Thanks I need that reminder.

pinklady77

-xoxo-
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry but at the same time I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I thought it was weird that I couldn't cry when I was on meds!! 

Quoting pinklady77:

Thanks for your reply. It reminded me that I to love to work with a list. It's worked the last time It will work this time as well. It's just that last time there were so many people that needed to see him I didn't know if we are coming or going. Okay! Will remember to breath. Sometimes I hate that med's don't allow me to cry because I sure feel like I could.

pinklady77

♥ For tomorrow may rain so, I'll follow the sun ♥

Surrender
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM

What a special lady you are to care for your husband's brother when he is not well. It must be rough having handling this yourself and dealing with the extra stress that goes along with it.

Is it possible to set up in home care for him so you can get some relief? Don't forget about yourself. Often, we are so involved with caring for others that we forget to take care of ourselves.

Quoting pinklady77:

Quoting moms.go.green22:

Thanks I need that reminder.

pinklady77

RobinMarie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Can you get others involved in helping you with his care?

Hang in there mama! 

P.S. How about a small bag of M&M's???

Hmmmmm, now I want some too!!!!lol 

Surrender
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Here ya go. Don't eat 'em all at once!

Surrender
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:00 PM

In case you wanted peanut!

shany76
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:02 PM

you ladies are so funny :)  I agree with the others though you still have to find someone who can take care of you while you are taking care of him. sometimes a bubble bath goes great while munching on those MM's that surrender gave ya.group hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)