Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hello

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:12 PM
  • 8 Replies

hello my name is Melissa, i live in ca, I'm married and i have 2 kids. my son is 8 and my daughter is 5 . my husband and i have been married for 9 years and i have been clean and sober for 10 years. i suffer from depression and saver anxiety. i take effexor  for my depression and xanax for my anxiety . i have been dealing with this for over four years now.i have my good day and my bad days. i love my job but I'm on the Verge of losing it due to the anxiety and depression, i have never lost a job . my boss has been very cool with me but i have used all my chances .i understand where shes coming from she has to run a business. I'm trying my best to except it, if i do lose my job then that's the way it is.i had ran out of my meds 5 days ago for my anxiety. well 3 days ago i hadn't slept in 2 days so i was very sick , tired , weak  . if i had drove i would have wreaked .  i called my doc and they gave me a prescription for my xanax so I'm okay with my meds right now. anyways. I'm still trying to recover from the withdrawals.I'm still dizzy and very tired, my poor husband has depression too and i feel so bad that he has to take care of me and the kids. i hope to make some friends and i hope i can help someone that's going through the same thing as i am. thank

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Hi Melissa. Welcome to the group. I am sorry about what's going on. Is there any way for you to get more medication? When I would run out of my meds when I was on them before, I would call my dr and tell them that I needed more and they would call in an emergency prescription at my pharmacy...granted it would only be 5 or 6 pills, but it was enough to take them when I needed it most.

I hope things get better for you, and I hope you enjoy the group. Don't be shy to post whenever you need to and feel free to hop in on other posts. Sending hugs your way!

melissa3k
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:33 PM

i did get more meds but i have to take one in the morning and one at night everyday, i was having a hard couple weeks and it took more the i was suppose to and ran out early. i get a 30 day supply. im doing a little better but im still tired and weak. 

trilliana
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I know what you mean about almost losing a job because of depression and anxiety. My first job, it was horrible. Luckily my customer service manager pulled me aside and let me talk out stuff and she gave me good advice on how to keep my personal emotions at bay while at work. I became two different people in a way and started to completely love being at work. I still would love to be working but no one in my area is hiring. And it's even harder for the part of California I'm in, so I can definitely see how you losing your job would be devastating. 

Is your DH on depression medication too? Are you both in counselling? 

I like Javi's idea of calling an emergency Rx in before you run out. I hope you get all the help you need.  Welcome to the group. Feel free to get out your emotions whenever you need

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Welcome to the group

melissa3k
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM

he takes his meds too. but we both do need to go t counseling. i try and keep my personal emotions from my work but if its a very bad day i have no control. . she dose under stand but out of the last year i have been out on disability 3 time due to my depression and i have called in sick way to much. she has given me so many chances. our last conversation was that she is writing me up and if i do call in sick one more time she will let me go. I'm not mad at her for that. i totally understand .

pinklady77
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:01 PM

welcome

Welcome to the group.

pinklady77

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Oh girl I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. I would speak to your doctor and see if you can get an emergency prescription. I know sometimes are hard and sometimes if money is also hard they can give you some medicines in "trial" packs that they have laying around in their office. If you need someone to talk to I'm here for you.

melissa3k
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:18 PM

thank you everyone, i did get my meds so im back on track but im paying for it. im still very tired 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)