Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM
  • 11 Replies

How do i talk to my doctor about getting help...

I have been having a lot of anixety lately.. and with being raped twice within 2 years and the stress of just life itself. i've been getting really depressed too.

I was told i am bipolar when i was 12 and when i was 14 i was told i don't have it that i'm a normal teen, but i show all signs of being bipolar.

I don't want to go to a therpist for anything at all. I hate talking to them and they i am just not able to be around someone i don't know for a long period of time in a room without having an anixtey problem.

Never tell me i can't do something.. The doctors told me i couldn't give birth to a baby over 7lb.. Xavier was 8lb 1oz..i was told that with my back pain after having xavier i couldn't walk and i still get up and move around.. with pain but i do it... I'm 18 i'm a teen mom and i'm a pretty god damn good one... I voice my opinions but don't push them.. i'm Wiccan and I do NOT push my views on anyone and expected others not to push theirs on me or my son.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofwilliam
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM

just tell your doctor. i felt so stupid when i had to tell my OB that i thought I had PPD and go through all the humiliating symptoms that I just thought I should be strong enough to get over! She was so concerned and asked questions, making me feel absolutely comfortable. You will be surprised. if your doctor doesnt make you feel comfortable, then you should find a new doctor

Xantho
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:44 PM
i blurtted it out and raised my sleeves...I looked like a carved up turkey
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Muppets_Mommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM

What kind of relationship do you have with your family doctor?  You need to simply go in and tell your doctor everything that you posted on here, and your doctor will do what's necessary to get you the proper treatment you need and deserve.

It was very, very difficult for me to tell my doctor just how severely depressed I was.  I simply went in and just spilled everything.  I was dreading it, but I have to admit that as soon as I got it all off of my chest, it was a huge relief.

Good luck to you, keep us posted.

Xantho
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM
like pp said it will be an amazing relief to you once you've toldyour doc!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XavierLeesmommy
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Thanks..

I'm not really close to my doctor at all because my son goes to a different one...

And i don't really see a doctor i see a NP or PN whatever it is called. and i have only seen a doctor once in 3 years if i wasn't in the er or at the ob/gyn.

Never tell me i can't do something.. The doctors told me i couldn't give birth to a baby over 7lb.. Xavier was 8lb 1oz..i was told that with my back pain after having xavier i couldn't walk and i still get up and move around.. with pain but i do it... I'm 18 i'm a teen mom and i'm a pretty god damn good one... I voice my opinions but don't push them.. i'm Wiccan and I do NOT push my views on anyone and expected others not to push theirs on me or my son.

Xantho
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM

It will be hard since you aren't close to your dr but...find the strength and get the help you need!

mommy_to_penut
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Maybe u need to go to a mental help center that could diagonse u of bipolar to get u help. or talk to ur doc and tell them you need to be re evulated again. just to make sure to get the help yopu need.

you can always talk to me or any on here as well

XavierLeesmommy
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM

what is a mental help center?

The only places we have that are for mental help is hospitals. and you have to stay there...

Quoting mommy_to_penut:

Maybe u need to go to a mental help center that could diagonse u of bipolar to get u help. or talk to ur doc and tell them you need to be re evulated again. just to make sure to get the help yopu need.

you can always talk to me or any on here as well

Xantho
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM

We have one called Area Mental Health...and they serve clients as out patients and some in...they are like a doctors office but clearly for mentally ill, or people suffering from depression they even have a children's wing...

XavierLeesmommy
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Ok do you know any site that i can look up mental health centers things in my area?

Quoting Xantho:

We have one called Area Mental Health...and they serve clients as out patients and some in...they are like a doctors office but clearly for mentally ill, or people suffering from depression they even have a children's wing...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)