Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling lonely

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

I guess I'm just having a bad day.

I got my stimulus check today which I was told was going to be $400, which I was depending on in order to get a car seat and pack n play(we've decided against a crib) for the baby and it was only $214 so now I don't have enough to get both and dh is supposed to help me pay the rest. Dh has been ignoring me without even realizing it today...he asks me to spend time with him and I'll sit with him on the couch and he pulls out his laptop and is on there for hours, he tells me to lay down with him in the room and he start playing video games or reading his magazines, he asks me to eat dinner with him, and he inhales his food and leaves me eating at the table alone. It's very frustrating. Then I come to Cafemom to try and get my dose of sanity and in one of my favorite groups, but today it seems that everytime I make a post, I get 0 replies and 20 minutes later it's on page 3...I reply to someone's post and they either stop posting there or they don't respond to me. I tried calling my daddy, and no answer, my grandma and no answer, my best friend, no answer, a few other friends, no answer. I feel so lonely today...even my cat wants nothing to do with me. I am so frustrated and I just want to cry...I feel so lonely.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I'm so sorry you're feeling that way.  If you get this message tonight, stop by the chat. We'd love to have you come by and talk with us.

dorky_goddess
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:28 PM

I'm sorry.  I get lonely, too.  I suffer from social anxiety, so while I want to make friends, I don't really know how.

Xantho
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:31 PM
the prego hormones don't help any of this. hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:21 PM

i would stop by the chat but my internet sucks and it never loads for me.

And you are so right xantho...these lovely hormones only make it more intense. *sigh*

Muppets_Mommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM

I am so sorry that you are feeling so alone. 

You know, I know that you feel like when your hubby is with you that he's not really "with" you. But the fact that he just wants you near him, shows how much he loves you. 

Whenever I go on my laptop in bed, my hubby will come and cuddle up beside me and just lay on me.  I always joke that it must be boring for him, but he tells me, "I just want to be with you".  So while you feel like your hubby isn't really spending time with you, he is, just in a different way than you would prefer.

Have you thought about simply telling your hubby how you're feeling? Especially about him spending a little longer with you at the dinner table perhaps?

Have you been feeling this sad for a long time?  Do you think you're going through a depression?  We all have our bad days, but if this has been going on with you for quite some time, then perhaps you are in a clinical depression.  Have you tried talking to your doctor about how you are feeling?

There are definately many of us here for you, so you are not alone...even if it does feel that way.

Keep posting, I'm here for you!

hugs

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I haven't been like this a lot...it's just today. I mean I do feel lonely a lot, but that's logical considering I have no friends(I live in PR and all my friends live in CT) and I don't really have family since my mom is in jail(in CT), I haven't heard from my stepdad(daddy-he lives in AZ) in a few months, and my grandma is always working(also in CT), which has been kinda hard on me because I'm pregnant with my first baby and have had no real support family-wise. I guess my pregnancy hormones are all whacked out today...

But I understand what you mean about my husband...it just irks me that I talk to him, and it's like talking to a wall...I've told him how I feel, but he doesn't seem to get it.

And thank you for the reply...it's very much appreciated.

JSCC
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:59 AM

I've been there ... where you feel like you've got no one, try calling someone and they don't answer or are busy and can't talk; sometimes that makes me cry

other times I'm able to focus on the good and see that there are people out there for me ....

yeah, it is frustrating to be waiting for responses to posts too.  I hate checking back in and finding nothing ... then I think I shouldn't be checking back in so soon/shouldn't be making such a big deal of this ...

Xantho
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM
i threatened to put the gameboy in the garbage disposal ;) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeana28
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I know the feeling of being lonely. I have no friends, 2 kids and my baby's father is on his way to prison for domestic violence against me! Stop by and chat if u want, I'm at wrk right now lonely as hell, trying to figure out a way to get diapers and fix a flat for my tire with no money!!

Xantho
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM

How ya feeling today Jaz?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)