Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new intro...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM
  • 3 Replies

hello my name is cheryl and i am a mother of 8 wonderful children...  we live in south lebanon pa..  I  have been recieving ssi since 1991..  i have a wonderful DH who works his butt off to  support all of us the best he can...

we have 3 children who live on their own at least they are trying to..  theirs not a day that goes by that one of them dosen't ask for our help with something...  but lately like the past two months i have been telling hubby we just can't do it anymore..  and so we have stopped..

I have no friends at all as when they find out about my DX's they stop talking to me... I have depression, anxiety disorder, ptsd, amd mpd...   I hate not having anyone to talk to or just hang with except kids all day...

I try to explain to some that i am the way i am cause of my past and what people did to me, but they just don't understand...  I think i get more depressed at times cause i have noone to talk to or do things with that are my age..  Oh i'm 44.. 

Well thanks for letting me introduce myself and so on...

Cheryl

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JaivonsMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM

First I want to say WELCOME! This group is amazing! Never feel alone. I know we arent here to support you in person, but feel free to come here and vent and get support at any time, Through my ups and downs this group has helped me alot! The greatest thing about this group is you can say anything and you will not be judged or attacked.

I know how you feel when you say you dont have anyone to talk to because no one really understands.I have major depressive disorder, severe anxiety and panic attacks that happen daily, and also OCD. Its tough. My mother has many issues of her own right now and I am afraid to talk to her about my problems because i dont want to get her upset and have her worrying about me, my SO doesnt have any health issues so he doesnt understand, but he is somewhat supportive. The only person I have to talk to is my God daughters mother/best friend/coworker lol who just recently was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. She didnt always have this problem up until the birth of my God daughter and she let it go for over a year and just a few weeks ago opened up to me about how she was feeling and went and got help. It does make it easier for me to vent to her and not feel judged because she feels the same way. But for the longest time I felt alone.

Have you tried any support groups?

I also noticed you are from lebanon, im from Allentown!

Again welcome to the group, it is nice to meet you!welcome

Serenity7
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Welcome to the group

cafemom40
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Hi Cheryl and welcome!! You will find a great support system in this group....it definitely helps to be able to talk to others, even if it is online :-)))

group hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)