• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anger attacks

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM
rho
  • 6 Replies

It’s not unusual for people who have panic disorder, agoraphobia or another anxiety disorder to experience frustration because of their condition. Sometimes this frustration can develop into anger -- anger toward yourself, anger at your situation or anger toward others.

Researchers have conducted studies on what they term “anger attacks” in depressed and anxious individuals. They conclude that there are certain similarities between anger attacks and panic attacks.

Symptoms of Anger Attacks

According to researchers, anger attacks are characterized by the occurrence of at least 4 of the following symptoms:

• heart pounding, racing
  • chest pains
  • sweating
  • shaking or trembling
  • shortness of breath
  • dizziness or lightheadedness
  • tingling or itching skin
  • fear of losing control
  • intense fear or anxiety
  • hot or cold flashes
  • feeling like attacking others
  • actually attacking others
  • throwing or destroying objects

Symptoms of Panic Attacks

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amydutchcakes
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:40 PM
omg thank you so very much for this. i feel a lot of these symptoms at times. sometimes i will literally grip the edges of my seat to restrain myself when i feel this way.if that doesnt work i retreat to the bathroom for a few minutes. this was helpful though..:)
emarin77
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:17 PM

This is very true and the time I take a Xanax.  It relieves the symptoms quickly.

cafemom40
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Me too...God Bless Xanax!! :-)

Quoting emarin77:

This is very true and the time I take a Xanax.  It relieves the symptoms quickly.

JaivonsMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Agreed! Between my high stress job and crazy hectic home life, I find myself having many anxxiety attack that come with anger. I dont know what I would do without my xanex. I probably would have flipped out and lost my job by now. I never knew there was a term for it. Thanks for the info Rho!

Quoting cafemom40:

Me too...God Bless Xanax!! :-)

Quoting emarin77:

momma2bubbas
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:12 PM

my attacks are more verbal than physical.

i have screamed at the top of my lungs,

cried, and only twice thrown something.

ONE time i attacked my husband. i started

slugging him on the back and chest.

wow!

sammygrl77
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:28 AM
So far I've just had crying bouts. Usually after a panic attack. Now that I think about it, I do get really angry when I know I have to go somewhere that I think might give me panic attacks. Interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)