Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

more emotional...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have noticed at least in the last 2 months that right before my period is due my emotions are so out of whack that even my meds dont seem to do anything?

is this normal>  i know since I only had Andrew 3 months ago my hormones are prolly still all screwded up but this is annoying.

please tell me I am not alone on this still continuing emotional roller coaster

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cafemom40
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I have the exact same problem.....everything gets worse x10 right before my period (insomnia, depression, anger, anxiety).....it stinks. I'm actually pretty much fine all the rest of the time, but my PMS is soo bad, that's why I have to find better meds to cope.

I even tried going back on birth control pills to see if that would help, but it didn't.

At least I know sleep rx's like Lunesta actually help me with the insomnia during these times, but it's hard to get b/c no one likes to prescribe them....I'm on like my 3rd day of no sleep right now.....my "mid-cycle" is getting as bad as my "period" cycle now too for symtoms... :-((((((

JaivonsMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Could it be that you may have PPMD maybe? My mom went through that for years up until she had a hysterectomy. They had her on sarafem (I think this is just prozac in a pretty purple and pink pill), but I know the sarafem worked for her. I will never forget how bad she would get. I used to hate being around her because you never know when she was going to snap. Either she would be sad and crying all the time or angry and pissed off. But it was only before and during her periond she would get like that. Maybe you should mention your concerns to your doctor and see what they say. Good luck, keep us posted.

texasmom1800
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I'm 37 and my emotions do that around my period.  You are not alone.

trilliana
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Totally not alone. I agree that it might be PMDD- I'm going to see when I see my Dr next

momma2bubbas
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:07 PM

u are not alone.

this happens to me-and it has been

for upmost of 20 yrs.

YAZ bc pills help more than

my antidepressants.

good luck. talk to your obgyn.

Surrender
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:04 PM

It's definitely not abnormal.

I take Lexapro and since I have it has eliminated my PMS almost completely. But, then again...I am not dealing with unleveled pregnancy hormones at the moment.

Your body may take a while to return to normal after having a baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)