Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been almost a month already!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

On the 4th, it'll be a month since I've started taking the Celexa. Ladies! I can't even tell you guys how much better I'm feeling. I had a few bad days over the past week(courtesy of AF), but otherwise I'm feeling like a completely different person. I want to get up and do things and make myself useful around the house again. I smile a lot more. Almost every moment that I have with my kids is enjoyable again. The few bad days that I did have, were the only days in the last month that I've cried. I just didn't even have faith that a tiny little pill was going to make me any better. I go back to see my doctor on the 17th(I think) and she'll be up-ing my dose. The only "problem" that I guess I am having is that I'm still up a lot at night, however, I am taking melatonin now and have been for almost a week, and it seems like it may be helping some.

I am so grateful that I found such a supportive group. Even though I haven't posted here a lot, I feel that if I needed to talk to you ladies, I could come here and be warmly welcomed. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the words of encouragement and words of advice that helped me get through this all.

Join us at I Love Christmas!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KohensMummy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:39 PM

That's fantastic! WheN I was on Celexa, I couldn't sleep, at all. I was up for DAYS at a time.. Zoloft ended up being my helper. But now i'm on nothing! lol!!

Good to hear you're feeling better! :)

copperswifey
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:57 PM

yay!! That is soooooo great! I hope you continue to keep feeling better and life is good for you. :)

sammygrl77
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:43 AM
That's wonderful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
805Therapy.com
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Congrats on feeling better!  - Keep in mind  generally, an Rx combined with talk therapy = best and longest lasting results.

Best wishes

Kimber8802
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:14 PM

ive been on celexa for about 3 months and I have my good days and my bad days..my migraines and insominia dont help much but im now on meds for both of them so im hoping it gets better..i still wake up over night but can  go right back to sleep whereas before i was up for an hour or more each time I got up which was no good at all.

AF is such a mean thing mine should be here sometime in the next 2 weeks and I am so not looking forward to her visit as each time the PMS gets much worse

emarin77
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I've used Celexa also in my past and it is an amazing drug.  It was taken during my worst times and now I've learned a lot by myself and by my therapist that I am down to taking only a Xanax, .5mg for emergencies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)