• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stupid question

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM
  • 11 Replies

bring on your stupid questions

Ask a Stupid Question Day

When : September 28th, sometimes celebrated on the last school day of September.

Today is Ask a Stupid Question Day. It's your opportunity to speak up, and to ask all those questions you were afraid to ask. All those questions that you thought were too stupid or dumb to ask, have been piling up all year long. Today is the day to unload them. C'mon give it a try. Nobody will laugh......we hope.

This may be a stupid question, but I will ask it anyway...... Teachers say there is no such thing as a stupid question. Or, that no question is too stupid to ask. If this is true, then why do your classmates laugh when you ask a question?  Yes, kids can be cruel. But, if you have a question, there's no better place to ask, than in the classroom.

Today's Quote: "Stupid is as stupid does". Forrest Gump

Movie of the  Day: "Dumb and Dumber"

Other "Stupid" stuff:

• Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.
  • This might sound stupid, but......
  • Do you think I'm stupid enough to fall for that (duh!)
  • Seen on a T-shirt "I'm with Stupid". Well, if that's true, how smart are you?

Origin of Ask a Stupid Question Day:

The roots of this special day goes back to the 1980's. At the time, there was a movement by teachers to try to get kids to ask more questions in the classroom. Kids sometimes hold back, fearing their question is stupid, and asking it will result in ridicule.Teachers created this day on September 28, If it fell on a weekend, they would celebrate it on the last day of the month.

Ecards We've got you covered with free Ecards for just about any other holiday, occasion, event, or no event at all!

More Information:

Recipe of the Day: Bat's Eyes

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mel30248
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:18 AM

LOL this stuff is so funny stupid question day, neighbor day! They really do have a day for everything now haha

I'm always asking stupid questions b/c I can be a ditz sometimes! I asked my friend the other week something that I felt stupid about asking. She has a lot of gradens & we were looking at them etc. She has all kinds of beans & she expressed how excited she was to have beans all winter long. I had to ask her when the beans grow in the ground do they come up dried already or are they soft. I thought beans came all dry well no I was wrong they come up soft then you have to just allow them to dry up lol

Yup I cant garden for the life of me!

ChaoticAtBest
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:21 AM

I also have ask a stupid question day often..lol I just tend to ask on the spur of the moment vs thinking for a second :)

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM

LOL cute

JSCC
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:26 PM

hmmm .... like asking where your glasses are when you're wearing them?

JSCC
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:26 PM
asking what time it is when you are wearing a watch?
annaica
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:58 PM

i ask alot of stupid questions... i don't need a special day!

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:44 PM

ditto! lol 

Quoting annaica:

i ask alot of stupid questions... i don't need a special day!

Young_vegan19
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:49 PM
What does amniotic smell like/what did your amniotic fluid smell like? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I'm like everyone else I don't need a special day to ask a stupid question mine is every day

Xantho
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM

They do have a day for everything!! Sometimes in my house we celebrate certain ones!! I try and post them everyday lately I've been slacking! But I'm back on top of it!!

Quoting Mel30248:

LOL this stuff is so funny stupid question day, neighbor day! They really do have a day for everything now haha

I'm always asking stupid questions b/c I can be a ditz sometimes! I asked my friend the other week something that I felt stupid about asking. She has a lot of gradens & we were looking at them etc. She has all kinds of beans & she expressed how excited she was to have beans all winter long. I had to ask her when the beans grow in the ground do they come up dried already or are they soft. I thought beans came all dry well no I was wrong they come up soft then you have to just allow them to dry up lol

Yup I cant garden for the life of me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)