• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

Do you ever feel like people use you when they are in need, then desert you? I feel like that so much now.. people I thought were the closest to me just seem to be the ones turning around and slowly but surely walking away. I have to wonder what the hell Ive done for them to do this, but I have not changed any... They just seem to be "not needing" any help anymore. It seems as if when people are really hard up thats when they give two craps, and when they are not hard up any more, they just well, dissapear.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rhodaj
by rho on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM

All the time this is been a big thing my whold life and I am tired of it.  But I still let it happen to me all the time.

casah4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Some people are just that way. They can be so self-centered.  IMO, You just have to decide if they're worth having in your life. If they are, you should talk to them about how you're feeling. If not, just cut them loose. 

Xantho
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:07 PM

I feel that way! I did a craft show and was used for my tables and such and after the craft show she had no contact with me...oh well...

JSCC
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

umm, yeah, I do feel that way sometimes ... sometimes I think it's just in my head because of my low self-esteem; other times that's really the way it is ... and then there are the people that I sometimes push away (complicated)

I find that people only reach out to me when they need me ... once they don't need me .... well, then I guess it's my turn to do the reaching (call them, ask them to do something for me/with me, etc).  They may be walking away from you, but are you walking toward them?  Or are they just the type of people that you should let walk away?

sunshine86912
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM

of course.  People use and abuse.  I am prolly guilty of it as well, so I try not to let it get to me too much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)