Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies keep your fingers crossed for us....

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

Currently my SO is working a crappy night shift job, making not nearly as much as he should for what he does. He also goes on business trips for a week at a time every 3 weeks. This job has caused so much emotional stress on me. I am basically a single mom. I work full time myself and I have to take care of the kids by myself at night. It sucks horribly. Well his sister knows a guy who does the hiring for the housing authority which is a city job and they start at 17 an hour and it would be days!!!! At first the guy wanted him to go to Career Link to fill out the app. Its basically a place that holds job training things and takes apps for jobs and filters through them and then sends them to the company. Well right before he went to fill it out he was told to go right down to the housing authority building and fill the app out there, basically a big plus because its going straight to the guy would does the hiring that his sister knows. Im am hoping and praying that he gets this job. It would make things so much easier. Both mentally and financially. We also have been having financial problems and this would help out alot. Its 5 more dollars an hour than he is making now, plus he would be working for the city and would actually get benefits. LAdies please cross your fingers for us and if you pray, please pray for us that he gets this job. I have been very emotionally unstable lately and this would help me out alot. Thanks ladies!

praying

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KatieCat2003
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:28 PM
I totally understand!!! Sending good juju and prayers!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I hope it works out for you too!  DS only sees DH 1 & 1/2 days a week, so I know what you mean.  2nd & 3rd shifts suck...  Will keep my fingers crossed!

Xantho
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Good luck momma!!

Nicole_2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I totally understand what your going through right now.  Crossing my figures that everything works and he gets the job

inezmm2000
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Good Luck, and God  Bless :)

rhodaj
by rho on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:43 PM

I have my fingers crossed for you still.  I hope you hear soon.

Hugs Rho

casah4
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:45 PM
Good luck!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)