Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So stressed out. Things just keep getting worse

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was talking to my daughters school today after the parent meeting.  On monday I had a home visit and was telling them everything I go through with Paige.  I was telling them how the people helping Paige when she was 2 wanted her to go to be evaluated for autism.  So I was there talking to the head person (who I went to school with)  and she said that now that I said something she sees traits of autism in her.  Also she was talking to the speech palologist that comes twice a week to work with her and she said she sees it to.  She recominds me taking Paige to St. louis to be observed for her sleeping problems and to be tested for autism.  What else is going to happen.  I have been keeping everything bottled up but I don't know how much longer I can go before I have a breakdown :(  I mean on top of this she has ADHD, ODD, Pica and phonological disorder.  I just don't know what to do or how to handle this.  I mean we will be gone for 2 weeks while the study her witch means my 15 month old has to stay with my aunt.  I am so stressed out I just don't know if I can take anymore bad news.

babies
baby development
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Xantho
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:13 PM

*hugs*

What are they doing for Paige's other diagnosises?  Do they give her chewelry for her Pica??

I'm sorry autism and the other diagonosis you've mentioned are a lot to handle especially when you have another child to think about.  Hang in there momma and keep us updated!!

Nicole_2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM

They don't do anything for her Pica.  But she sees a Therapist for her ODD, She sees and Phyciatrist for her ADHD and she sees two different speech therapist

Lilianaf
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:20 AM

When a child has Pica they are ususally lacking iron. I give my daughter (how likes to eat walls, dirt, paper, and cardboard) an all natural vitamin from an online company. She stopped eating all those things about a week or two of taking the vitamins. Let me know if you want the name of them. They work and that company also has vitamins for ADHD (which my niece has) that actually help!

ChaoticAtBest
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 11:35 AM

I would try not looking at it as bad news. Think of it as more of a way to understand your daughter and finally be able to help her on the right path. Once you get her properly diagnosed, it will be much easier to work with her as you will know what is going on.

It is hard to deal with a child that needs more attention, but it is possible and it is something that you can learn to get better at. There are also specials foods that can help with some of her "traits". I know someone who gives her daughter a great healthy balanced diet and she is behaving much much better without all the "bad" foods.

Good luck and stay strong because your children need you to be.

Xantho
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I've worked with kiddos who have PICA and after giving them chewelry, we saw awesome changes.  You may want to look into it.

Quoting Nicole_2007:

They don't do anything for her Pica.  But she sees a Therapist for her ODD, She sees and Phyciatrist for her ADHD and she sees two different speech therapist

Xantho
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:20 PM

This is true but it also depends on what they are eating...they could be lacking something other than iron...just all depends on what they eat.

Quoting Lilianaf:

When a child has Pica they are ususally lacking iron. I give my daughter (how likes to eat walls, dirt, paper, and cardboard) an all natural vitamin from an online company. She stopped eating all those things about a week or two of taking the vitamins. Let me know if you want the name of them. They work and that company also has vitamins for ADHD (which my niece has) that actually help!

rhodaj
by rho on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:40 PM

I'm so sorry of all you are going through.  Take it day by day or hour by hour.

Hugs Rho

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)