Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthday and christmas with nothing

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

i feel horrible that i cant get anything for my children. my oldest birthday is monday and i have nothing to give her. this christmas they will also have nothing. this will be my youngests first christmas. im a failure of a mother that i cant provide for my children. i dont know how to handle this. they will be so upset i dont know what to say. i have this to deal with on top of everything else.

crying

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Xantho
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:41 PM
you aren't a failure are there any charity organizations that could help you out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momromtheheart
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:59 PM

There Is A Cafemon On Here That Called Unique Desire That Helping Family That In Need I Pray That God Make Away 4 U & Your Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hugs

looneymom424
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:07 PM
Call local family services see if they have a list for christmas to get on if not call local action agency.
annaica
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 12:19 AM

It isn't about the gifts.  It is about your family and being together and celebrating love and magic.  Do some crafts on Christmas, make some treats... It's all the same.  Don't feel depressed.  Our car needed $350 in repairs last week and that was all our money saved for xmas.  My daughter is the same age as yours.  My son is 7.  He understands we're broke.  It happens.  There is always next year or the year after... You didn't fail them.  You are a great mother!  HUGS!

seraphim68
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Been there done that. Do your best to be the most creative you can for this xmas. Give Mommy for xmas all day or her birthday, build blanket forts, read books,sing,  watch movies, sew barbie clothes from old clothes, string popcorn and make homemade playdoh, do special things like that and its remarkable how much they can remember that Christmas we didn't have things but it was the most fun! I think the worst thing anyone can do in this situation is just give up and be sad, they will have struggles sometime somewhere in their own lives and showing them you don't just give in to it with worry and sadness is a pretty big life lesson. And I know as a Mama its a rough road... hugs to you : )

TiaraMom19
by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 6:28 AM

Hi,all these momma elves have great ideas!

Financially most years my dh was able to provide nice gifts.

and........

Do you know what?....

They were on the floor a month later and soon forgotten.

My kids are 18 and 11 now.Do you know what they remember most???

Not how great their toys were.....but the magic of Christmas:)!

Its about being happy and loved by their family............spending a special time together:)

~Now on that note its time to roll up your sleeves and get creative........here we go girl

~Come on:)

~Check out your local dollar stores

~Check out tag sales~make old look new

~Reach out to friends,family,and church

~Dec the halls,get crafty,be over the top(Get the kids involved...the messier the gooier the funnier the better:)

~Make a fancy dinner with what you have

~Go to the library and take out christmas books to read,rent a video

~Break out games to play

~Make it magical,leave out cookies and milk from santa,write a note from santa,visit santa in the mall

~A glitter trail left from rudolf in the snow

~Buy that fake snow spray for a dollar and let them spray the windows:)

~Ride around at night and see the christmas lights

~drink coacoa,suck on candy canes,make a gingerbread home out of graham crackers frosting and left over candy from halloween

So see.........theres more to christmas than only gifts!!

~Catch the holiday spirit!

Happy Holidays!

Tia

Surrender
by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I like Tiara Moms train of thought! I also like the Dollar Store idea. Perhaps you can use spare change and get each of your children a few things from there. And, also do some of the fun stuff mentioned in the post above. Blessings to you this Christmas. Give your children yourself and the memories!

shaggy567
by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I have gone through this too. It's hard to accept the fact times are hard and you can't do what you would like to do for your kids. Time is the best thing you can give to your kids. Quality time is so important, just as some have already mentioned. Whether or not I have gifts we always read the True Story of What Christmas is all about. We read it every year. Today my pastor was talking about what Mary the mother of Jesus went through. Read the story ahead of time and you will discover the things my pastor talked about today. The Bible does not come right out and say that she rode on a donkey the 70 or 80 miles she and Joseph had to travel and she was almost due with the baby. There is a lot more in the story than what I ever saw before. You talk about a mom having a hard time, she definitely did. She could have been stoned to death but God protected her and He will help you too. Read the story to your kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)