Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why can't I get him to listen to me??

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:11 PM
  • 2 Replies

Most people don't know but I'm on probation.... I'm really not a bad person.... I don't know if I can tell people about why I'm on probation but anyhow... in the morning I have an appointment with my probation officer... It is at 9:30am and my husband works 3rd shift... this appointment was set up on January 6th so this isn't like some last minute thing... I reminded him earlier this week about my appointment too... So, tonight before my husband leaves for work he says he's probably going to have to work over time!!! We have 2 kids (2yrs and 6mos) so 1 it's not like they go to school and we don't have like a daycare they could go to since I'm a SAHM.. now WTH am I supposed to do?? Why must I be put in this situation the night before my appointment... oh, and I can't just call and reschedule it... I litterally could go to jail for a year if I don't go to this.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ladygardener
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 5:14 AM

I am so sorry sweetie, that your hubby didn't listen. Does he ever watch his children, say when you go to the grocery store or docotr? Do you have a friend that might be able to watch them for a little while? Mom? Mother-in-law?  if you have to take them with you. your P.O. will be understanding I hope. Good luck.

k.stark
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Thanks for your support... pretty much no, my husband doesn't watch the kids really.... I was too late last night to call anyone to watch the kids this am since I have to be there at 9:30am and it's an hour away. actually my mom and I are not talking at the moment.... but thats a different story.. and my MIL lives over an hour away and she has school today. :P And the probation office has a strict policy of no kids what so ever... But anyhow... I called up my husband and told him he just needs to come home in time... this isn't like a DRs appointment or anything like that... this is my life... I also told him this shouldn't be an argument... he did this to me last month as well... He agreed that he's not being fair to me... I also told him this appointment is way more important than some dumb over time.... which he agreed.... now to see if this happens again next month for my final check in.. :P Thanks again!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)