Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids behave good?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

How do your kids behave?

Good, Bad.... do they drive you crazy?lol

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
single_and_preg
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:19 PM

My son is very bad! He doesnt listen to one word i say, he is extremely Hyper. Everytime we go in public its a huge stressful event, because he doesnt cooperate with anything. He is 2 years old, and stoped taking naps before he turned 1, so he is up all day and i just about never get a break.

emarin77
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:23 PM

My 2 year old son is pretty good.  Sometimes he's a little out of control but that is what being a kid is all about.

emarin77
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I suggest getting him to nap occasionlly, children at this age still need naps sometimes.  Make sure he is sleeping at least 10 hours a day.  I always read a book before my son takes a nap.  Make sure your son is getting enough activity time too like at a park.

single_and_preg
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Quoting emarin77:

I suggest getting him to nap occasionlly, children at this age still need naps sometimes.  Make sure he is sleeping at least 10 hours a day.  I always read a book before my son takes a nap.  Make sure your son is getting enough activity time too like at a park.

Thanks for the advice!

He usually only sleeps 7-8 hours a day, thats how its always been....he sleeps less then an adult i know. I've told his DR alot, but he doesnt seem concerned. We have a big playground in our neighborhood, so i take him there often.

psychstudent
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:58 PM

There have been times when my kids have behaved very badly. ll kids go through some boundery testing. The trick is to be that boundary. Make a sensible plan and stick to it. I could tell you bad behaviour storys but most parents could.

bouncingsoul
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:58 PM

not really. he hardly ever listens to me..especially in public. def a no go there. hah. he was diagnosed with mild autism in dec.

and my daugther is surprisingly really calm. ive never had such a calm baby before. of course she is only almost one..but my son was NEVER like that as a baby.

mom23boys679
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I deal with the same things, OP. My younger two are good (one is about to turn 2, and the other is turning 4 in May) but my oldest behaves just like your child. It's never ending. If I give into him or stand firm, it's just hell on earth everytime we go out.

Summerlion1123
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:12 PM

He's actually well mannered and well behaved. He rarely gets in trouble. But he wears me out and still stresses me out in public places cuz he's EVERYWHERE and just a big ball of energy. He'll talk and talk and talk, then talk some more... then start talking again when I'm trying to think through a stressful situation (example, if I'm lost and trying to drive somewhere.) and it doesn't stop from about 5am to 7pm when he finally passes out (if I'm lucky, though most nights he's good about going to bed.) I mean, I've had people with troubled children (example, my friend who has a son with special needs) comment on how much he talks and how much energy he has!

Summerlion1123
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Oh, and he's 5 years old.

Mamivon3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Today was one of those days where the kids managed to get me yell and throw stuff. I simply just asked them to put up their stuff from the livingroom and clean up.They picked one thing up and then started playing.  As I was walking from the kitchen to the livingroom I felt a wet spot on the carpet and smelled windex. I asked the girls if they sprayed windex and both said no. I totally lost it yelling at them, told them to take their crap and put it up. I threw their books around and kicked their boots were I accidentally hit Emily on the hip with it. I yet have to apologize to her, but at that moment I didn't care. I feel so bad that I ticked out like that but I just couldn't take it anymore. Everyday the same struggle to get the kids to pick up their stuff. I did lay down with my son and just lay there, eventually fell asleep. After I woke up I was just laying in my bed for an hour listening to the kids talking. i just didn't want to get up and deal with them. Not today. I feel like such a bad mom. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)