Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel you're on track to getting better?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:33 AM
  • 11 Replies

Whether its self help and/or professional help, do you think your current mental health treatment is working for you?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KimmyPoo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:44 AM
No :(
casah4
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I thought so until this morning.  smh.

Serenitymom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I was doing ok when I decided I was going full time at work and started school. I was so busy all the time I didn't have time to think about being depressed. Then after a few months it started to wear on me.... mostly because my finacee would not help me around the house although he wasn't working. I would work then come home and clean, run errands, take care of kids, then do my schooling when the kids were asleep. I feel like a single mom alot, except I have an extra kid to care for cuz he doesn't even pick up after himself. So my fix to that is going part time and stepping down from the managers position so that I can put my focus back on my kids and schooling... and my house.

JoyJoy
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:03 AM

no

VelvetCat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:07 AM
as long as i am a mother. . . no. the stress, the pressure, the worry. . . . the constant need from them and hubby and not enough time for me to care for myself. . . . nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Yes

armymom81788
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Yes.  I would not change a thing.  I still have bad days but for the most part I now feel great.

matreshka
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:04 PM

i think i'm slowly on track.  part of it for me is accepting my deficits and limitations.  you would think that being diagnosed with a major mental illness for the past 18 years would have sunk in earlier but i'm just accepting of it now.

i'm not expecting miracles from treatment, and i know most of the progress with my relationships and self esteem have to come from within, but i am really participating in therapy now and am trying medication again. i just want the medication to balance me out, and keep me based in reality.

so, i think i'm on track, at the same time I worry about a significant relapse.

single_and_preg
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM

no

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM

not really. i still dont want to get ready to go anywhere and i still accomplish nothing. but my mood swings are not as bad. i just dont have any energy. somebody tell me what to do to get some energy going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)