Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recharge for Spring Day 11: Look for Signs of Spring

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM
  • 83 Replies

For many of us, snow is still covering the ground, but I promise, spring truly is just around the corner!

Your activity for March 3 is: Search for Signs of Spring!

Even if it's still cold, bundle up, grab the kids, head outside, and see if you can find any proof that winter will soon be over.  Are the crocuses starting to poke through the ground?  Are there more birds in the trees?  Maybe the snow piles along the road are starting to shrink.  ;-)

I was delighted to look out my window yesterday and see some small birds pecking for food in a patch of my yard that was no longered covered in snow!  Made me feel so hopeful :-)

How about you?  What did YOU find?

butterfly

For added fun, how about taking pictures of your discoveries and posting them back here so that we can all get inspired by them??!!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CadanceandLyric
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM

We'll go for a nature walk tomorrow. But today my daughter saw some squirrels and we made up a story about them and their squirrel family. :)

mymygoodness
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I saw robins in the yard the other day when I cleaned my windows :o) Robins always mean spring is near. Also, I have no snow, and new grass is starting to come up in bald spots in my yard.

single_and_preg
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM

We were out earlier today....and a tick got on me from it!!! So yeah i guess that means Spring is coming and so are the bugs lol.

ShyJen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM

We drove by our park river yesterday and saw the overflow flowing and breaking up the ice! I loved seeing that.

pswiley
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Went to Va. to visit DH's DD and i saw the crocus blooming and they make u smile bc, spring is around the corner.

sunshine86912
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:25 PM

birds all over the place out here! and a few spring flowers :) my mom actually found dafidills (sp) at her house!

Alison82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:27 PM
I noticed the birds and I noticed that its staying daytime longer!

Lilypie - (TWJC)Ticker id: TQIh

ashmarie08
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:32 PM

There were a TON of ducks at the park when we went for our walk :)

kyledavidsmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I noticed that her too plus more birds.

Quoting ashmarie08:

There were a TON of ducks at the park when we went for our walk :)

sandbuster
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:40 PM

I am starting to see grass. But even better I saw ducks swimming on the river near my home!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)