Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever taken Seroquel?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2011 at 8:09 PM
  • 28 Replies

I just recently started seeing a psychiatrist and she took me off of the Risperdal I was on and switched me to Seroquel.I'm just wondering if anyone has taken this and has had some adverse reactions to it. it has been makin me so sleepy that ive almost gotten into numerous accidents with me and child in the car. when do you call the dr. and let heknow these effects are happening?

by on Mar. 16, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 16, 2011 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Seraqual is something that you should take before bed because that is when the dr normally tells you to take it. There is something in it to help you sleep better at night.,  So if you are taking it during the day be very careful

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2011 at 8:42 PM

sounds like you are oversedated. is there anyway you can take it at bedtime or get the med changed?

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2011 at 7:03 AM

i had to stop driving when i was on seroquel. i got into a fender bender and although i wanted to drive, the zombie feeling never went away.  i had to take some of my dose in the morning and some at night due to the way my dr. prescribed it for my symptoms. 

i would call the dr. since it is impacting your day to day functioning, they could detremine if you need to stay on it or if there is something else to try.

once i got off all of that class of meds i was able to drive again.

smurkyjo
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 6:55 PM

well it leveled out after day number 3. im always tired anyway, but this was way different. but im much better now.

cjs702006
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I have taken it in the past but had to stop because it was making my blood sugar go way up....(I'm a diabetic). It mademe sleepy as well. I would call your doctor soon and let them know you are having some side effects, just to be ob the safe side.

smurkyjo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I take mine around 7:30pm. when I first started to take it I was extremely tired too. It took a few weeks to get used to it.

JansRainbow
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I take 300mg of Seroquel at night and 25mg 4 times a day. It does make you sleepy. Call your doctor if you  have any concerns. It may take a while for your body to adjust to the meds.

darciemelvin
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:32 AM

its a sedative basically. i was prescribed 25 mgs twice a day (not just at night when the first poster says to take it), and i slept the entire three days i took it. then i went to 12.5 mgs and STILL slept all day. my DR told me not to even drive if i had taken it. i got off it because its wayyy too strong for me !

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I am on seroquel xr now and notice a big difference in my functioning.  I am on a lower dose than when I was on regular seroquel and am only groggy until I have my morning coffee.

PuppetDani
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I was on it for many years. I was a zombie and missed my childrens teen years can't remember too much. I find it to be horrible drug. Now I am on respidone and cita something... they work wonderful still. My mother was on zoloft for years and now she gets horrible body cramps from it..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)