Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you get paranoid?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM
  • 8 Replies

do you ever get the feeling that something is going to go terribly wrong or that someone is out to get you where there's no real evidence anything bad is happening?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:53 AM

not really anymore since i started taking risperdal. but i  used to

matreshka
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:53 AM

i do a lot but i'm getting better at dealing with it, at least the "everyone's out to get me" part.  i have to stop, breathe and tell myself that no one is plotting against me weird, i know, but its all part of my lovely bipolar problem.

with the whole "everything is going to end in disaster" paranoia I have, i will think of the facts of the situation and that will calm me down.  i also have to remind myself i can only control my own actions and to do the best i can.  its a struggle, i still panic first and think second but i think i'll get better with it.

Jenniejen77
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:54 AM

All the time. It's a symptom of my PTSD. I really hate it.

camy41075
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Yes I do. It is really bad today. I feel like something bad is going to happen. I hate it when people park on my street at lunch time to eat b/c we have lots of shade trees. I will ask them what they are doing lol.

matreshka
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:08 AM

i'm glad its helping for you. when my paranoia gets really out of hand i wish there was something that could help me through it better than constant self-talk.

Quoting lyrick24:

not really anymore since i started taking risperdal. but i  used to

matreshka
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:10 AM

we have a lot of teens in my neighborhood and i always think they're going to break into my car or break windows. the worst they do is use bad language and play hackey sack in the street lol.

Quoting camy41075:

Yes I do. It is really bad today. I feel like something bad is going to happen. I hate it when people park on my street at lunch time to eat b/c we have lots of shade trees. I will ask them what they are doing lol.

matreshka
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:11 AM

EMDR really helped me, i still get jumpy and panic in certain situations though, but its a lot bettter.

Quoting Jenniejen77:

All the time. It's a symptom of my PTSD. I really hate it.

Raeann11
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM

no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)