Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

medication errors

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:02 AM
  • 6 Replies

have you ever had medication mix up or been prescribed something you couldnt take due to an adverse interaction with another drug?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
matreshka
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:05 AM

i have not.  my primary care and psych prescriber use an email system for my meds, i dont get paper prescriptions.  also my pharmacy (stop and shop) is very good about answering questions, dealing with insurance, and keeping track of everything.  i only go to them since they have my complete med history.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:06 AM

when i was in the psych hospital one time they gave me my meds and i noticed it was different cause i always looked at my meds. she was about to triple dose me on a sedative. i tried to tell her but ended up having to show  her on the med book. she couldnt figure out the right amount of this pill to give me by the mgs. thank god i am a nurse or i would have been in trouble.

casah4
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:29 AM

I was given Lamictal while on the Birth Control Pill. Apparently, you're not supposed to take them together.  I've since gone off the pill.

matreshka
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:37 AM

wow.  i didnt know that. i'm not on the pill but since so many women are you'd think that would be more well known.

Quoting casah4:

I was given Lamictal while on the Birth Control Pill. Apparently, you're not supposed to take them together.  I've since gone off the pill.

Raeann11
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM

nope

rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 31, 2011 at 10:24 PM
yes I have they dont pay attention to the dr when they call in a perscription. One time I had and alergie med called in and it would have cost me like 3.00 when I got there they said it was 100 and some dollors and I looked at then and here they filled me a perscription of zantac which I am alergic to
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)