Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have ruined mine and my family's life

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM
  • 20 Replies

I was fired because I comlained about my job and talked about work stuff on cm. As if that wasn't enough they are trying to deny my unemployment claim. I have hurt my family and my future and I can't fix it. They would be better off without me. I wish I'd never met my husband because if I hadn't I couldn't have ruined his life and created other innocent lives to ruin too. I'm human. I cried out for help in the only way I could and it burned me bad. I don't know what to do. I wish I could fix it but I can't.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:06 PM

hugging

i wish i had some words that would help.  i'm sure your family loves you.  its really hard right now but keep pushing forward looking for a new job. everyone makes a big mistake in life. it sucks but hopefully hour husband isnt being too hard on you.

elwalters77
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Quoting matreshka:

hugging

i wish i had some words that would help.  i'm sure your family loves you.  its really hard right now but keep pushing forward looking for a new job. everyone makes a big mistake in life. it sucks but hopefully hour husband isnt being too hard on you.

He is being ok, but I don't think I'll ever forgive myself. I'm worried we will lose our home and everything we've worked so hard for. It's all my fault. How are we going to live? What are we going to do? Why did I feel the only place I could go for support was a public forum? I couldn't afford counseling then, so I certainly can't now. I have no real friends or anyone else I can talk to. I was so alone and frustrated and desperate and I handled it in the best way that I could, but it still wasn't good. I feel paralized by my depression and it's only worse with all of this happening.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I'm sorry Erica :-( Your family still loves you. You'll just have to make some adjustments until you can get into another job. Can you give voice lessons out of the house? Maybe watch someones kids for some extra cash? I wish I had some more comforting words. I know you will get through this and everything will be fine.

elwalters77
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Quoting leahbeah143:

I'm sorry Erica :-( Your family still loves you. You'll just have to make some adjustments until you can get into another job. Can you give voice lessons out of the house? Maybe watch someones kids for some extra cash? I wish I had some more comforting words. I know you will get through this and everything will be fine.

Just knowing you are here and having you comment is comforting, Leah. Thank you for being supportive and understanding.

strictmomhere
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:59 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:02 PM

I don't think you can get unemployment if you were fired. Only if you were laid off. (((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:35 PM

you havent ruined everything. there are other jobs out there you just have to f ind it. that was not the only  job in the world. dont be so down on yourself.

momma2bubbas
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:24 PM

it's ok. you must have been so unhappy to have to vent on line.

we have all done stupid stuff on line, of which i wont go in to

mine.....

think about WHY you posted, and what you can DO to make yourself happy again-

find a new job? i realize it may be hard to get a reference, but i bet if it came up

in an interview and you expressed your sincere remorse, they may listen.

this is a golden opportunity to think about WHAT YOU WANT. 

you for sure know WHAT YOU DONT WANT.

and THERE IS NO WAY THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR

SELF WORTH.  you were struggling, and you spoke out. 

we are all human like you said, and we all make mistakes.

all you can do is go forward~ YOUR FAMILY DOES NEED YOU

more than you will ever know i am sure.

take care

m.

rhodaj
by rho on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Your family still loves you and you didn't ruin your famlies life or yours.  

Hugs 

elwalters77
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:28 PM
You are so right.

Quoting momma2bubbas:

it's ok. you must have been so unhappy to have to vent on line.

we have all done stupid stuff on line, of which i wont go in to

mine.....

think about WHY you posted, and what you can DO to make yourself happy again-

find a new job? i realize it may be hard to get a reference, but i bet if it came up

in an interview and you expressed your sincere remorse, they may listen.

this is a golden opportunity to think about WHAT YOU WANT. 

you for sure know WHAT YOU DONT WANT.

and THERE IS NO WAY THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR

SELF WORTH.  you were struggling, and you spoke out. 

we are all human like you said, and we all make mistakes.

all you can do is go forward~ YOUR FAMILY DOES NEED YOU

more than you will ever know i am sure.

take care

m.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)