Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

depression quotes

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:36 PM
  • 2 Replies

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

Albert Camus

If depression is creeping up and must be faced, learn something about the nature of the beast: You may escape without a mauling.
Dr. R. W. Shepherd

My recovery from manic depression has been an evolution, not a sudden miracle.
Patty Duke

Depression is rage spread thin.
George Santayana

“Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.”

Grenville Kleiser

"...And then the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

Anais Nin

"Many of us spend our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you cannot bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond that pain."

Khalil Gibran

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM

interesting

casah4
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:49 PM

This is a quote I've always liked.

In moments of discouragement, defeat, or even despair, there are always certain things to cling to. Little things usually: remembered laughter, the face of a sleeping child, a tree in the wind—in fact, any reminder of something deeply felt or dearly loved. No man is so poor as not to have many of these small candles. When they are lighted, darkness goes away—and a touch of wonder remains.

"These Small Candles" ...tombstone inscription in Britain

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)