Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im a crappy mom!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:26 PM
  • 13 Replies
Im so overwhelmed and i cant take it anymore. I live in a tiny one bedroom apartment with no kitchen or living room. The living room is the bedroom also and im always cleaning and my son wants attention and to be played with but theres no where to go except a small area where i just pace back and forth which gets old after awhile. im losing my mind and i cant wait till i get a job but until then im thinking of just letting my mom take care of him for now till we get a bigger place and i can get a job so i get breaks from my ds and i'll actually like being around him. I fail as a mom and every time i hear him cry it just makes me feel more pissed off and guilty at the same time. I seriously wish i never had ds...thats how frustrated and overwhelmed i am. Im with a guy who knows jack shit bout babies so he just feeds him and burps him but i do all the hard work and take care of him by myself and wake up with him at night. Feeding him rice cereal and squash was a disaster and just left me more defeated feeling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lexi-Raes_mom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:33 PM

I've been there, almost every mom has.. Your overwhelmed have you tried talking to the father for help? Maybe you could have your mom take the baby a couple days a week so you can either relax or catch up on housework or just anything... I don't think having the child stay at your moms house would really help.. I mean if your hearts telling you thats what best then go for it. I don't know 100% how you feel, its just hard for kids to separate from parents, especially the mother.. I hope things get better for you, try to ask for a little more help? Wish you the best!! :)

Young_vegan19
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:40 PM
The dad walked out on us via text the day i had ds. wont call back, text back, blocked me on facebook. Going to the courthouse this week but that only helps with money :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lexi-Raes_mom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I'm sorry is it possible you might be able to live with your mom?She could help you out, when you become frustrated she could take the baby and give you a break.

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:56 PM

hugsI do hope and pray things improve for you.   One thing I learned is life has high points and low points.  You're stronger than you give yourself credit for.  Just relax. If the place falls to bits for one day  no biggie.   Get the rest you need

prplroses
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM
It can be very overwhelming taking care if a baby. Maybe your mom can babysit a couple days a week, even if it's for a couple hours to give you a break. Stay strong it will get better *Hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_vegan19
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM
She watches him on the weekends but he just keeps crying for no reason. He's teething and has 2 teeths but even after i give him some infant pain reliever like the pediatritian said. And even when i get a grip of my emotions and put my best efforts in action and i practice with him to sit up without support (he's 6 months) and today i tried feeding him some squash with rice cereal, it got ALL over and he just cried...i cant do anything right. My mom can feed him and it goes smoothly :( And when i was giving him a bottle he started shaking a little. It scared me :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Babies can tell when you are frustrated and upset.  If this is the first time you have tryed to feed him it will take time.  We have all been there and it does make you feel like a bad mom but we are not.  It would be so much easier if they came with a book.  

Good Luck Hun

prplroses
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:54 PM
Does he have any colic (gas)? Just because he crys a lot doesn't mean your a crappy mom. So babies just cry no matter what you do. You just gotta keep trying and find what works. Maybe he didn't like the squash. Or maybe he just didn't want to eat baby food. Have you tryed giving him a teething ring that's been in the frig? My oldest ds gave me a hard time when he was a baby. I remeber skipping, yes skipping, around the house with him for an hour cause that was the only thing that would make him stop crying until he finally fell asleep. And if hes crying and you need a break there's nothing wrong with laying him in his crib long enough for you to go in the other room to calm down and take a breath.
I hope things get better for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
witch_e_woman
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 2:56 AM
WOW.....I'm reading your story & it is as if Im reliving my life to a certain extent. I remember when my son was born I too was living in an "Efficiency" apt too.
Damn, it was hell...but you know what, things started getting better once I got my job back ( I was out on maternity leave).
The guy your with now sounds just like my sons daddy too...wont do much of anything- basically as useless as 2 tits on a Bull !!!
He/ kids daddy, even walked out on us when the "kids" were older- Telling the judge to "Go ahead & throw him in jail becouse he was refusing to pay child support "(The judge granted his request).
I learned then & their I couldnt depend on anyone & that all that mattered was my kids...they came first....but in order to do that you need to get yourself togather first too...You will find the strength you need to do what you have to for that baby boy of yours....Its just normal to feel so overwhelmed right now....your entitled..especially when you feel like your lifes falling apart. Just remember, its not the childs fault, he didnt choose to be born...he didnt choose this life- you are the only one who can protect him from a father who will one day emotionally hurt your child....and believe me hun, playing Mommy & Daddy isnt fun but can be rewarding in the end....just ask my kids now....my sons 21 & my daughters 22...
if you ever need to talk, Im here for you...
upsanddowns
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 8:49 AM

sounds like u have alot of stress and the walls closin in on u. look around and try and find some help bc talkin about it tends to help especially with ppl that are goin thru similiar things. i hope it gets better for u soon darlin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)