Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Challenge For You

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM
  • 13 Replies

Every morning, when I wake up, before the kids are up (normally) I open my bible and look for a quote to try to lift me up.  I've posted some of them here, and I post them on my blog as well.  I challenge you to do the same for yourself.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nodramamama311
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Im not religious but I like the idea of doing something positive to get the morning going. I bet I could find another way to achieve that for myself.

FotoBitch
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Positive quotes, sayings and so on.  I think it's about just starting your day out as positive as you can.

VioletPlacebo
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I am not Christian, but I do read this site regularly :)

http://greatday.com/ 

Today's daily motivator is:

What you do, do with joy

If you’re going to be doing something, do it with joy. Even if it’s not normally a joyful activity, you can add your own unique joy to it.

You can always choose to be positive and enthusiastic about life. No person, circumstance, or sequence of events can keep you down.

If you constantly fight against what you’re doing, you’ll make yourself miserable and you’ll destroy your effectiveness. That’s certainly not an outcome you would willingly choose.

So choose instead to put your own unique joy into whatever you’re doing. Make the experience a positive one just because you can.

Yes, there are plenty of problems and tragedies and no, life is not always pleasant. That’s precisely why it’s so powerful and important for you to add as much joy as possible to life.

In every activity and in every tiny corner of your world, put a little extra joy. You’ll quickly find it makes a big, big difference.

TigerSong
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I'm not a Christian either, my kids are grown, my second marriage tanked last summer and I'm still trying to figure out if I have a purpose in life.  Lately I feel like I'm stuck in the mud and just spinning my wheels going nowhere.

matreshka
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:24 PM

im not christian. my spirituality is very personal, i do some reading on it from time to time and it helps

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:31 PM

this. I like the idea of finding something to boost your day.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Im not religious but I like the idea of doing something positive to get the morning going. I bet I could find another way to achieve that for myself.

rhodaj
by rho on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I like this idea especially if people could do ones that what the Lord says about depression

witch_e_woman
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 3:16 AM
I just go to my FB status shuffler & look for positive quotes...

One I find one I usually click on it, leave it up for about an hr then repost something else....
upsanddowns
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 8:36 AM

great idea

Raeann11
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I do not go to church and read the bible. But I do try to think positive thoughts each day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)