Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Triggers :/

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

What do you have as a trigger? I mean there is a such thing when it comes to depression right?? For me it could be the darkness or just nothing.  9 out 10 times it is for no good reason.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
calimom9133
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM

For me it is gloomy weather.  Today I had a total meltdown because my comptuer  was acting up.  Alot of times it is for nothing.  On the other hand, I do have moments of joy and beauty.  You are normal.  For us, it is just unfair that we cannot maintain a consistent level of at least functioning.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:16 PM

mine is lonliness. all my kids just moved out and my husband works all the time and i dont have any friends and i am lonely.

shortiekid
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:18 PM

yes i have a trigger.. for my severe anixety its anytime i see (which i avoid like a plague) or someone talks about a spermdoner parent i have... he ruined my life.. depression can hit from feeling like my husband dosnt love me when i know he does.

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:56 PM

I am still learning my triggers

JSCC
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I'm not sure if this is considered a trigger or not, but for me things are worst when I'm at home by myself and don't have a lot that needs to be done.  Basically, whenever the busy-ness of life stops, then I feel the depression because nothing is covering it up.

another thing: it can be triggered by someone saying something to me that I interpret negatively/take as an insult or hurtful comment

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:06 AM

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what my triggers are. They seem to come out of nowhere

rhodaj
by rho on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I have allot of things that can be triggers but allot of it has to do with my bipolar.

by my depression triggers is when like when it is my dads birthday and his death allot of things like that stuff that is environmental.

LCG83
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 9:43 PM
Usually its my jackass husband..other times..it just comes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamivon3
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 9:53 PM

It's certain smells and last time an crying spell got triggered by an hospital announcement that  a baby was just born. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)