Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Member In Need Of Help With My Depression

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:04 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi Ladies,

I hope alot of you are doing and feeling better than I am today but i have a question and sort of need to vent alittle if I may. first I am going to introduce myself, My name is Jade i am a single parent to my 6 year old son Shawn, Im 27 and I am from New Orleans, Louisiana (born and raised).

I havent felt like this in a very long time I am so overwhelmed with stress til I just loss touch with my normal activities such as keeping my room and my car cleaned  (so not me) I live with my grandparents my two boy cuzins in which they have custody of one is 17 and one is 18, also my brother who is 23 and me and my son (to many ppl)  I give my grandmother rent for living with her and im also on her car insurance I was working two jobs (one full and one partime) and got terminated from my part time job which left me with alittle financial stabillity to pay my bills (i get no child support) this pay period my check was enough to pay a couple of bills but not all that i normally pay and I couldnt pay my car insurances this one time on time and they took me off which now as of next month my car insurance has went up 80 dollars more im constantly being belittle by my grandparents ever since i got terminated from my morning job my I've been working at my evening job since my son was 2 months old and only gotten one raise and the reason being is because my boss says we are in a res=cessions but they are constantly hiring new ppl and purchasing new fleet for the company.  My question is ladies how do you coop with depression and stress with a situation like this???

Today's Diffficulties, Tomorrow's Possibilies, LIVE, LAUGH & LEARNboy kissing mom

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:12 PM

can you move out and get on some sort of public assistance and keep your one job? my daughter has a job but is on public assistance and section 8 housing plus gets food stamps and gets free child care. you might fare better if you done that. im not an advocate of putting everybody on public assistance but when you are a s ingle mom who is working an doing the best you can i believe thats who its there for. by the way, it hasnt been long ago i visited new orleans and i loved it!

modeltypechick6
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Quoting lyrick24:

can you move out and get on some sort of public assistance and keep your one job? my daughter has a job but is on public assistance and section 8 housing plus gets food stamps and gets free child care. you might fare better if you done that. im not an advocate of putting everybody on public assistance but when you are a s ingle mom who is working an doing the best you can i believe thats who its there for. by the way, it hasnt been long ago i visited new orleans and i loved it!

Yes ma'am the section 8 waiting list in my area has just opened up 2 days ago and someone posted the information on FB and i immediately went online and did the pre application. a few hours later my mom's friend called to see if I had done that and i told her yes she said she knows someone in the office persinally and she was going to see if she can pull some strings for me  (LORD KNOWS I HOPE SO)

JSCC
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM

good luck with that section 8 thing.\

sorry I don't have advice; just wanted to let you know I read and wish you the best.  Life is tough; we just keep plugging along

mrsvixen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I'm sorry your going through this. You have so much you should be proud of yourself for!!!!

Is there any way you can nail your baby's father for child support? Have you seen a doctor about your depression?

The only thing I can say, when it gets that bad (which is right now too) is that I take it one minute at a time. I'm going back to school in September, but meanwhile, Im just taking small steps.

hugs

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:52 PM

((hugs)) welcome to the group.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Hi my name is Ellen and I live about an hour east of you in Diamondhead,MS. Try the HUD website they have a lot of info about housing. Call your local hospital they should be able to help with getting you someone to help with the depression. And take some small baby steps.   

Ellen

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:14 AM

hugs to you and welcome to the group!

matreshka
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:52 AM

it was extremely difficult for me to get back out of my parents after i moved back ineven here we had a hard time. we applied for everything, at your section 8 office did they have info for other programs, even habitat for humanity? i was on craigslist everyday and eventually we found a place that was nice that we could afford.  my husband's temp job was up at that time so he had to fight to put in resume's everywhere. he took a part time job because it was the only thing opening, they eventually hired him on full time with a raise.

with depression its a fight, my husband can get depressed too we just focused on what wewanted our future to be like to get through the rough spots. we focused on one problem at a time.

it sounds like you got your hands full. *hugs*

annaica
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Hi! Glad you are here... you have gotten some great advice! I hope this stress is lifted soon off you. You absolutely sound like an amazing woman. We are here for you. I think just having support is the main thing that gets me thru. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
modeltypechick6
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 4:00 PM

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE UPLIFT THIS IS SOMETHING I REALLY NEED AT THIS POINT!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)