Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant and depressed

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM
  • 17 Replies
Iam new to this group. I have been suffering from depression on and off for the last 13 years and feel more alone than ever. I can't even get help from my husband. My husband doesn't understand depression and always tells me to jjst stop. If I cry he just sits there and says stop...if I can't get up and zone out he just yells at me. Im so lost and feel worse because if I odnt have him I have nobody. Does anyone else have husbands that are not understanding?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:29 PM

welcome. i do have an understanding husband but i know that must be hard not to. are you on any meds for your depression? if not, you might want to consider going to a dr to get treatment. you shouldnt have to live like that.

coleys_mom_06
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:32 PM

i kinda understand.... i've been battling depression about the same about of time and my bf(and babys father) broke up with me a month and a half ago bc he was sick of how i was acting.... i feel all alone too. if ya need someone to tlakt to feel free to add me!

Naturewoman4
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:51 PM
I dont think ppl understands or how it feels like unless they have gone it. Husbands included. Which makes it even harder on us, because we feel like hiding. Like its our fault. We're not trying. I use to think my husband thinks Im lazy. cont.)
Naturewoman4
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Then if I force myself to go outside and do yard work, to make me feel better. If my husb. was outside too, he'd say 'do it this way' or need some help? I know he means well, but makes me feel worthless and I go back inside. d
Naturewoman4
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Hello Beeber..Do you know why your depressed? Do you get out? See friends/family helps. For me going to my gym everyday, if needed helps ALOT! sometimes, it helps writing things down. like, what do I feel down or sad about? What can I do to change my life and what I do everyday? d
Naturewoman4
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:06 PM
Beeber try and pick a quite time and talk to your husband about how you're feeling. that you really need his help and support. Communication is key. See a counselor for you and maybe both of you. Join a gym, that has childcare. D
AllThatBabyJazz
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Welcome to the group.

matreshka
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:36 AM

welcome to the group! having understanding people to support you is crucial.  there are a lot of understanding women here. have you tried talking to a therapist? i know it really helps me.

kittycat813
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I had the depression part and pregrancy but husband stayed when I got bad he was understanding. I have a serve form of depression call biopolar. hope that helped.

annaica
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 9:24 AM
Hi. Welcome! I agree with someone above said They don't understand unless they have been thru it somehow... so you are his learning experience and he needs to be supportive. NAMI has groups for family members that are free and can help them understand how to be supportive... Just an idea. Find your NAMI in your county online. Otherwise we are here for you anytime. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)