• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I went for my visit Thursday

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:44 AM
  • 11 Replies

It went well. There was nothing to be nervous about.  But I got Zoloft and Trazadone. Trazadone to help me sleep..but it has not made me a bit drowsy at all.  When I go back is it ok to try and suggest something else to take??? Or a stronger dose?/

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Is it that it didnt make you feel drowsy or that it didnt help you sleep?  I'd say that if you were able to sleep a good 6-8 hrs without the drowsy feeling before or after thats a good thing.  if it didnt help you sleep at all definitely tell the doc.

MadysonsMama
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:48 AM

it did not make me sleepy or fall asleep.

MadysonsMama
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:59 AM

bump

matreshka
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:59 AM

that sucks! trazodone doesn't work for me either.

Quoting MadysonsMama:

it did not make me sleepy or fall asleep.

zboys
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I'm glad your appointment went well.  Yes.

midnight_storm
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:48 PM
I am on both of those. Starting Thursday is a little soon to see much affect. When you go in for the med check, just be honest with the dr. More than likely he/she will raise the dose or change it. I am on 200mg of Trazodone(taken at night) and 150 mg zoloft(taken in the morning). It took a good two weeks before the Trazodone had the sleepy affect on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 22, 2011 at 7:04 AM

it is perfectly fine to suggest something else or ask for something else. i cant believe the trazodone didnt work for you . that stuff used to knock me out. you must be hard to get to sleep. i hope you find what you need. glad things went so well for you.

MadysonsMama
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Yeah..the doctor told me to take 1/2 for the first couple of days.  Then if my sleeping is not where I want it then to take a whole one. So tonight I will.  But damn....I hope it works!! She told me it would only take 2 hours or so to kick in.

winkles115
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM
My bf takes massive amounts of trazadone and it still doesn't help him sleep. Ask for something different
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on May. 22, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Yes it is ok to request that.  It takes a few times of trying to get the meds right

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)