Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New member.

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello

My name is Kelsey, I just joined. I joined because I suffer from depression, its a struggle everyday. The ONLY thing that gets me up in the morning is my son. I have had a lot of traumatic experiences in my life that brought on depression and anxiety, and some of it has been passed down from my mom and dad. Depression and anxiety affect every aspect of my life, and most annoyingly, my weight. I cant seem to get fit because I just lack sooo much motivation, whenever I even think about starting a work out regimin I shoot it down because I just say "Whats the point".... I've been suffering from depression since I was a kid, due to a rough childhood, and have never recieved treatment for it. But very soon I plan to start seeing a therapist.

Lol, sorry for being so melancholy, thats just the mood I'm in.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 21, 2011 at 1:28 PM

welcome to the group! we are all super supportive and this group has helped me a lot!

matreshka
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:50 PM

((((hugs)))) welcome!  bipolar disorder and ptsd are things i've struggled with for a long time, the bipolar since adolescence.  therapy and my own self help, i guess the desire and fight to want to get better have been the best help to me.

there is a book i use "the cognitive behavioral workbook for depression" that helps with fighting through and changing the self-defeating thoughts that cause us to stay stuck. you can get it on amazon.com or in barnes & noble.

zboys
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Welcome, Kelsey!  You've come to the right place. 

midnight_storm
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Hi Kelsey, it's nice to meet you:) this is a wonderful group. Everyone here has an idea of what each other is going through. There is a lot of support and understanding here. I have severe anxiety that causes depression. I'm not sure if there's an anxiety disorder I haven't been diagnosed with, lol. Welcome to the group:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 22, 2011 at 7:07 AM

im glad you are going to seek help for it. i hope you see a therapist too. i can relate to your lack of motivation. i tell myself i am going to do something and then it never works out. but i think that is due to the state i am in at this point. we are working on my meds and i hope to get to the point where i can go out and  just walk in our neighborhood but right now it just aint happening.

Kelseyciarah
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Thanks everybody for the support and welcome:)

rhodaj
by rho on May. 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Welcome to the group. 

K_Marie
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Welcome!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)